Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Industries

Hi All,

I thought it would be interesting to post what industry everyone works it.

Helpful Adds:

** Has filing affected your position at all (promotions etc)

** Know coworkers that have filed?

** How long you've worked in industry

and whatever else!

For those of you that may be unsure why this is necessary- I feel that for those that may be seeking employment or are concerned with their current jobs this could be relevant information. No one needs to share what company they are working for specifically. Just stuff like "IT" "Accounting" "Teaching" etc.
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

I work in Investment Banking

- haven't filed yet; was told by compliance officer that filing wouldn't affect my position

- there is a stigma in this industry with filing- some would look down on one for filing
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

I was a quant and an analyst on Wall Street, and now I am back in school to get a second graduate degree in public policy.

Wall street hates bankruptcies, but I am through with Wall Street so I don't care.

I do know co-workers that have filed, but they are all chap 13 due to their incomes.

I worked in the industry for ten years, every day of my professional life since finishing grad school.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Work 22 years for same company-multi media giant. Know many co-workers that have filed. Will not effect job because I have filed before. Am surrendering my car but don't really need one because I work from home and only have to go in the office once per week. I live in a neighborhood with stores, restaurants, and a Walgreens. Work is on the bus route and I can get the bus on the corner of my street.

Comment

I work in Banking, specifically computer support for external customers

**Nobody at work knows I have filed, as I did not use my bank for any credit
          **I do not know of any coworkers that have filed (people keep private lives private here)
          **I have been here 11 years
          8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
          11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

union sheet metal worker

-no contractors cares about felonies, let alone bks

-most guys seem pretty private about finances... i haven't let anyone know i've filed

-been in the trade for about 2 yrs

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X