Any point to viewing pacer right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any point to viewing pacer right now?

I just filed on Friday and have my court date at first of Oct. I do want to sign up for pacer but I am hesitant because I am afraid it will drive me crazy checking it every day.

Anyway just wondering if there is any point to signing up for it now, or should I wait.

There is no need to check it every day.

I used to check it Monday, Wednesday and Friday after 6pm ET.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

There really won't be anything that important in there until your 341. You might get notices that creditors want to keep track of your case, but that's about it until the 341.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Yeah as stated there isn't much.....I filed on 8/17 and there hasn't been anything done since 8/20. I did download all my documents, so if you want copies of all your stuff you can get on to get those.

My district has a calendar that lets me search my case for free and then see if the last filing date has changed, so I check that quite often.
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
          Yeah as stated there isn't much.....I filed on 8/17 and there hasn't been anything done since 8/20. I did download all my documents, so if you want copies of all your stuff you can get on to get those.

My district has a calendar that lets me search my case for free and then see if the last filing date has changed, so I check that quite often.
          Good point. You can get a pacer account and log in to your individual case, and check the date of last filing which will be in the corner of your initial query page. If the date hasn't changed, then there are no new documents in your history. In most districts it is free to get to this initial page. I check this page twice a day.

Also, if you are under ten dollars for the quarter you don't get charged for that quarter. So, that means you are allowed 124-125 pages of documents in a quarter without getting charged. (I am a math nerd and calculated this out as soon as I got my pacer account, but I am not sure if they charge you right when you hit $10.00 or charge you right when you first go over. )
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

There's not much for viewing at the beginning. I check still twice a day. It's like waiting for water to boil.
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X