Being late on secured debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being late on secured debt

So if you have not actually filed yet but retaining the lawyer can I be 1 week late on secured payments that I want to keep? They will be up to date as of filing and after but just a little late in October due to playing catch up. The accounts will be within the lenders grace period and will not be having any late fees added.

Should not be any problems at all.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am caught up on them as of today but in a couple days they start being due again and buying school clothes/supplies and a new $70 a month payment for hot lunches for my child threw me off a bit, man do I love the start of a new school year...lol.

Comment

One week late is within the grace period and should not be an issue at all. Even if it is a day or so beyond the grace period, it will only trigger a late fee. Not a big problem at all.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Not a problem, I was late a couple of times (past the grace period) right before we filed. I just made sure that I was caught up the day I was file and I won't be late again
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X