2 questions about 18 year old son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions about 18 year old son

He just turned 18, can they ask to access his accounts if he still lives with us?
    I saved my change for 7 months (waitress) and used the money to buy 2 tickets to visit my sister, whom I haven't been to visit in 18 months. Figuring it would look frivolous to deposit $400, and then show airline charges, I deposited it in his account, and he bought the tickets for us.
    Is that OK?

Also, he purchased a car all on his own in June for $1800. We titled it in my name because he was 17.
    Should I have the title switched to his name asap before we file, or will that look fishy?
    I figure he's 18 now, so it should be done anyway, I just don't want any issues like were hiding an asset.
    Its a piece of crapola anyway, but its his, and I don't want them to take it!

Thanks!
    Filing cpt.7 11/09 341- 1/21/10
    Report of no distribution 1/21/10
    Scheduled for discharge 3/22/10 (on my 15th wedding anniversary!)

Don't transfer the car until you talk to a lawyer...could be problems but not likely, if your son used his own money. I have a similar situation with my daughter...she bought a car when 17, I titled it in my name and left it that way for insurance purposes while she is in school. Now I'm in BK, my lawyer says if I can prove she purchased the car, we should be OK. Under his advice, I did transfer to her....but we also clearly listed it in our paperwork as a transfer. And yes I have a copy of her cancelled check.

Comment

I have a 22 year old son living at home and an 18 year old sister with me as well. No one has ever asked about either of their bank accounts. I attended a couple of 341's over a month ago and while some trustees asked general questions about others that lived in the household, they never asked about the bank accounts of those individuals. I am in Ohio if that helps.
      Filed: 8-19-09
      341: 9-21-09
      Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X