Buy back car from trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy back car from trustee

Anyone have any experience with buying back car from trustee. After my 341 meeting, trustee stated have your lawyer give me an offer within 2 weeks if you want to retain possession.

Lawyer valued it at $10,000.00 which was questioned by trustee and Blue book is about $14K to $16K. What should my offer be, as family is putting up the money?

Originally posted by Bubblebowl View Post
    Anyone have any experience with buying back car from trustee. After my 341 meeting, trustee stated have your lawyer give me an offer within 2 weeks if you want to retain possession.

Lawyer valued it at $10,000.00 which was questioned by trustee and Blue book is about $14K to $16K. What should my offer be, as family is putting up the money?
    I've heard it's not the blue book value you should go by, but rather the black book value. Check with a car dealer and maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Comment

You can get a free black book quote at http://www.carquotes.com/tools/black_book_valuation.

Thanks Blue for your insight on using black book as I assumed it would be black book. We will have the simular issue with our truck. It was paid for in cash when purchased new. My husband used as secured property for his SBA loan. We really want to keep the truck so it will be interesting to see how this turns out. Thanks again

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X