What to do in 60 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do in 60 days...

It seems like a For-ever wait after the 341 meeting to get to that piece of paper with the words of DISCHARGE on it... I mean what are you really suppose to do? What are some of the things you have done to pass the time? I am trying to save money for my 1st secured credit card (our bk was medical). i think I know who I will be going through... but this 60 day wait is a killer. I have been reading the forums, trying to get a game plan for rebuilding our credit, thinking about a "new to us" vehicle...Perhaps even going on our 1st family vacation in 12 years... I am applying for medical assistance so that we do not fall on our faces again...

What are you doing, will you do, or did you do during your wait...

To help ensure we dont end up in this situation again.. Hubby & I are both going to school.
    chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
    9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

i just waited. try to get your mind off it. you will probably enjoy your vacation more after discharge. before discharge you'll worry no matter how hard you try... but try to concentrate on other things as much as possible. yes, 60 days if FOREVER.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I think I can stand the 60 wait pretty well, I just want my 341 over with. Oh, and as I said on another thread I am not, not, not getting on pacer.
      Filed: 9/9/2009
      341: 10/13, went well!
      Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

I am waiting... just wish it was here..kwim...lol We are planning for a *real* vacation next summer...so not right now... My BK is not on pacer..strange huh... but i call the number to check the status every other week... I am just ready to get living again and putting pieces back together...
        chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
        9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Comment

my sixty days have went by pretty quickly, except for days 55 through 60. if you do use pacer, look at the "date of last filing" if it hasn't changed, since the last time you looked there is no updates to your case. when you see ten letter work "DISCHARGED", boy does it feel good.
          filed chapter-7 5/21/09
          341 meeting 7/20/09

discharged -awaiting closing 9/21/09

Comment

i never counted the number of letters in the word "discharged"!! let's see, one, two, three, ... right! 10! what a beautiful number.

day 60 was hardest than all previous days combined, because i had convinced myself that the most likely day for someone to file an objection would be the last day - i am told lawyers often wait for deadlines to do anything... don't ask how many times i queries the case that day...

hey, wait a second, crash are you saying you got discharged today??? make sure to get your hamsters!
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I am currently waiting the 60 days as well. However, to keep my mind off the BK and onto something constructive, I am working on a major financial overhaul.

1.) looking into finding a good software to make and use a budget with
              2.) watching my spending, to see what can change and making those changes
              3.) Making changes to my shopping habits, and where or what I buy
              4.) Drawing up a new spreadsheet based on my paycheck and bills due
              5.) Planning to save up an emergency fund, and enough cash for a truck purchase to plow the driveway with this winter.

Re-evaluating what I have in material things, and what I do not need. Also, with winter right around the corner (Michigan), I am looking at ways to save on the heating this winter. Last winter cost me over 2400 in heat alone.

I can't just think about the BK thing, I'd go batty!!
              8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
              11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Well atleast most of you from what I have seen can count on your discharge to happen somewhere close to day 60. Here in central FL I am seeing people having to wait til around day 90! Guess I am going to have to wait a bit longer.....
                Chapter 7 filed - 6/12/09
                341 Meeting - 7/21/09
                Case Closed - 10/13/09

Comment

We are 2 weeks away from discharge. Yesterday, I noticed a NEF by some agency. My attorney says this agency does this all of the time in all kinds of cases for no worry. Nothing to be concerned about.
                  Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                  341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                  Discharged: 11/30/2009
                  Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
                    We are 2 weeks away from discharge. Yesterday, I noticed a NEF by some agency. My attorney says this agency does this all of the time in all kinds of cases for no worry. Nothing to be concerned about.
                    Sorry, but what does NEF stand for? Thanks.
                    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Notice of Electronic Filing. He wants to be notifying of any filings like discharge or whatever on our case. I did a query his name and he is a collection agency (not one that I ever dealt with) that randomly files these on cases that have even been discharged. Go figure?

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
                        Notice of Electronic Filing. He wants to be notifying of any filings like discharge or whatever on our case. I did a query his name and he is a collection agency (not one that I ever dealt with) that randomly files these on cases that have even been discharged. Go figure?
                        Thanks. Got it. Now got a question. Once a case has been discharged, if a collection agency has not been listed on the matrix (at the time the petitioner did not receive a letter from the CA and had no idea this CA would be associated with the original XXXX creditor when filing for BK), will the CA go after the debt that was discharged?

Comment

Sorry, I did not mean to hijack the thread, but was just wondering what these phantom CAs would do with the debt that has been discharged. They can't do that, right?

To the OP's thread, I am trying as heck to stay busy during the 60 days club and staying away from PACER checking once a week. Reading, keeping busy with my kids, working, exercising and oh yes reading comic strips. That helps. Seems to me the 60 days feels like forever! But then before we know it our own 60 days will be up and we receive our discharge papers. Then to enjoy a fresh start in life!

Comment

No they can't. But I have heard that they try. That's why it is important to keep copies of your discharge handy!

Comment

You know our 60 days seemed to go quickly. Our 60 days was on Sept 18th. Thing that got me worried was on order of no assets not appearing. It did not appear until the 61st day (saturday of this last week). Now we are waiting for those lovely discharge papers to come. I hope it's soon. I did nothing out of the usual while waiting for the 60 day mark. Worked alot, it's summer so that kept us busy. I can't hardly believe we are almost to the end now, this has been one long drawn out period for us, 1 year, 8 months since we decided BK was our only option! Wow I never realized how much time we actually had into this, and now I feel almost a little emotional thinking about it!! LOL Finally the end is in sight!
                              Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X