Closed bank accounts vs Chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed bank accounts vs Chapter 7?

My attorney advised me to close some checking and/or saving accounts before filing BK. Some bank accounts are with credit cards that's why....

But should I provide Trustee all the statements of the CLOSED accounts when I file BK?

Nothing to hide but I am wondering if the cloased accounts before BK filing would raise a red flag. Thanks in advance!

I closed a couple of accounts (they were inactive for a while, maybe $10 in them) a few months before I filed. Although my attorney didn't ask for any of these statements, I made copies and brought them with me to my 341...no one asked about them....
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

liz417, Congratuations!
      I just saw that you've done on Chapter 7. I remember that you first tried Chapter 13 and changed it to 7. Wow, you made it finally.

There are two inactive accounts but there are some balance transfer records. But I would like to close them after I transfer the remaining balances to my main and new checking account.

I will prepare copies of the statements but I don't know if I should provide ALL Accounts Statements (opened and closed) when I file BK. Will the Trustee check all the histories of the transactions last couple of years?

Comment

Originally posted by sjcmCA View Post
        liz417, Congratuations!
        I just saw that you've done on Chapter 7. I remember that you first tried Chapter 13 and changed it to 7. Wow, you made it finally.

There are two inactive accounts but there are some balance transfer records. But I would like to close them after I transfer the remaining balances to my main and new checking account.

I will prepare copies of the statements but I don't know if I should provide ALL Accounts Statements (opened and closed) when I file BK. Will the Trustee check all the histories of the transactions last couple of years?
        Oh yes, I'm soooo glad I didn't stick with my 1st attorney or else I'd be stuck in a ch 13 right now!

What I did with my inactive accounts was print 2 months of statements, showing the "closed date". I was never asked for them at my 341, but I wanted to make sure I had everything as I didn't want my 341 postponed The Trustee was just interest in the active account(s) and only required a currently monthly statement (I guess it's to check the balance or any high transfers before filing).
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I had 2 inactive accounts I did not list on my petition. I took them with me and gave them to the trustee. The accounts had $10 each in them and showed no interest for the year to date. I told her I was awaiting permission to close them. My lawyer advised me to close them after we left the 341. The trustee did not ask for any statements other than the ones I provided as of the date of filing. I am now discharged.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X