Credi Card Authorized User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credi Card Authorized User

I have a friend who is planning on Filing for BK. Her son is listed as an authorized user on one of her credit cards....can the credit card company come after her son to collect?
    Discharged 6/23/08

Hi and the answer is NO...he is an authorized used NOT a joint account holder.....collectors sometimes try scare tactics....BUT , they must be able to provide an application for the card that shows he is a JOINT applicant, it would have his signature on it. I know this because I recently went thru all this with my husbands cards and me as the authorized used,,,,,,, as a matter of fact he can dispute this with the credit bureaus and have the "authorized used" removed from his credit report..an online dispute is simple and if he does this, what I did was call the creditor and asked to be removed and also asked for a letter of conformation,, thye were all (12 of them very nice) and did send letters to me stating I was not responsible and that "authorized user" would be removed from my credit report and give him a clean credit report...just call its easy I hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the info. It always helps when someone who has just gone thru the same thing shares some insight. Thanks again.
      Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

well I was terrified BUT I just started my own credit and I wanted those removed form my credit report ...and it all went fine...good luck

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X