closing vs discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing vs discharge

Can someone explain what the difference is between closing and discharge?

I called the bk hotline and it said we are awaiting closing... (but thought discharge came first)..

should it not say awaiting discharge??
    chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
    9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Discharge is when the judge signs the order officially releasing you of the debt. CLOSE comes when the behind the scenes administrative details or over. So it sound like you already have been discharged. You should see a date in PACER.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks Angelina... But pacer cant find me.... Our 341 was in August (medical bk) I thought discharge come 1st but when I call it says awaiting discharge...and as far as i know we have not been discharged... im confused.. this is what i get from pacer...

Sorry, no person found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PACER Service Center
      Transaction Receipt

09/23/2009
      PACER Login: XXXXXX Client Code:
      Description: Search Search Criteria: Last Name: XXXXXXX First Name: xXXXX Middle Name: X
      Billable Pages: 1 Cost: 0.08
      chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
      9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Comment

Look at your paperwork and input the case number into Pacer. That should find you! The discharge cannot come prior to 60 days after the 341 meeting, so yours should be sometime in Oct.

Comment

are you sure your signing into PACER the right way? be sure your at your district court before signing in.

Comment

you probably r discharged ur just not going far enough on pacer to see it I think. When I checked ours I looked under status..We were discharged end of june and we are on day 88 awaiting closing. From what I understand the discharge is all that matters and the closing is just administrative that is not a big deal. That is what I have been told anyway. Good luck to you, Broken

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X