Discharged now time to celan up the credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged now time to celan up the credit report

- So on 06/22/09 I was finally discharged per the discharge notice in Pacer. Anywho, now its time to clean up my credit reports and properly update the ghost credit that was included in the Bankruptcy petition, but does not report as such. I know its a bit early, however the ocd kicked in and I pulled my experian credit report and started the dispute process. I called them as opposed to starting the dipsute process online and much to my suprise, they updated the info right over the phone. I asked the representative if they needed my schedule F. and she said that since it was a chapter seven, they didn't need it.This morning I pulled a new credit report on the freecreditreport.com service that expeian has and low and behold, every single known account is listed as closed with a zero balance and included in bankruptcy, two judgments I had listed are no longer listed either. Yay! So much easier than I originally thought it would be. My equifiax is for the most part cleaned up with one or two account lingering, but i'll give it about a weeks time before I initiate those disputes. I am not looking forward to dealing with transunion as I keep on hearing that they are the most stubborn of the credit bureaus, but lets see, I'm just going to pull up my sleeves and dive right in.

Yeah, I finally pulled my credit reports and I've got some cleaning up to do too. I started with TransUnion (dispute on line, hope that wasn't a mistake)
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
      Yeah, I finally pulled my credit reports and I've got some cleaning up to do too. I started with TransUnion (dispute on line, hope that wasn't a mistake)
      You should be fine since you are going to get the RESULT in WRITING - and that's all you need.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

- So I called Transunion and gave them the info for the accounts that needed to be listed as closed and included in Bankruptcy and they too simply took the request for the phone. They did ask me to send in my Schedule F. but on the same day that I priority mailed it to them, I got a letter in the mail indicating that my disputes were completed and that the accounts I referenced were updated. So two for two, My experian and Transunion Credit report are both slate clean. There is about a 13 point difference in my credit score, but I'll worry about that later. I was just approved an Orchard bank credit card so lets see what faithfull paymnet for the next six months will do to my score. Up next on the list is Equifax which only allows me to dispute online. Shouldnt be too hard, so lets see.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS on your Discharge!! You snuck by us. Here is your officially unofficial Victory Hamster Dance:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Equifax not so cool

Thnak you For the Discharge dance above. Anywho, my last credit bureau to clean up is Equifax and let me tell you, they are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Experian and Transunion were extremely easy to deal with, I told them that xyz accounts were listed incorrectly and they gladly corrected the problem right over the phone. I called equifax and they told me that all my accounts were listed as in bankruptcy and gave me a new credit reprot as "proof". When i looked at the new report they were listed as charged off which made me a bit livid to say the least, I hate deling with call centers and having to call again. So the outcome was that I had to reopen a new dispute that is going to take another 30 to 45 days. Get with it equifax!!!! I am not trying to obtain new debt or get myself back into trougble, but my persistence in getting this corrected is that I work for the securities industry and my job is directly tied into my credit.

Comment

- So finally after dealing w. Equifax, its done. Equifax needed a little more elbow grease than Trans or Exp, but they too updated all my accoutn to reflect as included in banklruptcy, so my slate is clean, well atleast admost clean a person with a bankruptcy stiing on there credit report is going to be. The easiest agcy to deal with in my opinion was exp. My advice would be when cleaning up your reports is to just call the dispute department of each agcy. If its a chapter 7 they can update it right over the phone. I see no need to drag this out over serveral month. I was just discharged on 09/22/2009 and here it is October 15 and all my reprots are squeaky clean. Good luck to all of you who are also undertaking this feit, its extremly annoying at times but very much doable.

Comment

Question please... you work for securities... won't the BK hurt? I am in banking and from what I understand here that banking decides if you can't handle your own fianances how could you deal with someones elses? So, I could lose my job if they find out about the BK, or if I am laid off never find another one. I do see the humor in all of that since all that kept the banks from going BK was us, the taxpayers. One would expect those professionals to apply the same standards to themselves as to prospective employees, fire themselves.. lol

Comment

That is great info! Just what many of us are waiting for after discharge...cleaning up the trail of poop on the credit reports.

Thanks for sharing.
                  7-2-2009 Filed
                  8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                  10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by momisery View Post
                    So, I could lose my job if they find out about the BK, or if I am laid off never find another one.
                    Maybe some employers think that's a smart thing to do - BUT they are in violation of the law. Even better if they state that as a public policy...an invitation to a lawsuit!

http://www.************************/2007/05/11/can-i-be-fired-if-i-file-for-bankruptcy/

http://www.txbankruptcyblog.com/tags...ng-bankruptcy/
                    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                      Maybe some employers think that's a smart thing to do - BUT they are in violation of the law. Even better if they state that as a public policy...an invitation to a lawsuit!
                      The problem is, they know they have you because the normal ordinary person cannot afford to initate lawsuits w/o some really deep pockets. Trying to defend against frivilous lawsuits and initiate a counter-suit is one one the main reasons we had to go BK........

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                        The problem is, they know they have you because the normal ordinary person cannot afford to initate lawsuits w/o some really deep pockets. Trying to defend against frivilous lawsuits and initiate a counter-suit is one one the main reasons we had to go BK........
                        And a problem might be that they have a different "cause" for you being fired...

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                          And a problem might be that they have a different "cause" for you being fired...
                          Especially if you are in a 'Right to Work' state such as Georgia or Florida.

Comment

- It depends in which state you live in, but within Bankruptcy law there is statue forbiding your employer to fire you because of your bankruptcy filing. I have various licenses with finra which is the regulating entitiy of the Secruitites Industry. I had to disclose this event on my licenses inorder for me to keep my job. Now will future employer possibly discriminate against you because you filed for bk? you better beleive it. My advise is to clean up your credit reprots as soon as possible and have everything reprot as included in BK in order to avaid confusion down the road. Secondly when interviewing in the bank or financial services industry, be very fourthcoming with the fact that you filed. Ask what the hiring standards are and if this precludes your from applying. I've interviewed with several companies after filing and discharge and as long as there was no fraud involved it would generally be ok though still frowned upon. From an employers aspect it lookes better to possible hire someone that has had bankruptcy wipe out all bad debt instead of hiring someone with active delinquencies, collections, judgements etc. Just don't mess up again after filing. There is no third chance and filing bankruptcy twice in inexcusable in my opinion.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X