Discharge!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge!!!

I finally gave in to the suspense and checked PACER today and SCORE! The case was discharged and closed on the 23rd!!

It's hard to believe it's all over!

I still have one lingering question, though. Some of you might remember my question about the dischargability of social security overpayment debt to the tune of $7k. The sense I got from this forum, my research on the web, and the one lawyer I consulted on the issue was that the debt is dischargable as long as social security doesn't claim fraud in adversarial proceedings. Well, they never filed anything. In fact, they continued to send me bills for a while after I filed even though I double checked PACER to make sure they were on my mailing matrix. So is it over? Is the debt discharged?
    Filed Ch. 7 (pro se) 6/15/09
    341 Mtg. 7/23/09
    Discharged and closed: 9/23/09

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a good way to start a Monday.

Here you go:

On the overpayment question, I would say that if you haven't hear anything by now, you should be okay and that debt discharged. Remember, this is 'govmint' here to serve an protect you. Yeah, right. Someone with more SS savy than I will chime in I am sure.

I had a so-called overpayment in my Unemployment, and though I had to attend a telephonic hearing and all that, it turned out that they had been repaying themselves by deducting a little from my benefit each week. So you might want to look at your SS statements and see if that has happened.

Anyway, go and enjoy your NEW START!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

WhooooHoooooo!!!!! Congrats!!! :clapping

P.S. Almost missed ya there....you were hidden on page 2 of todays posts Gosh, the daily new posts are getting so long....LD
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats! Happy to hear it!!
        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
        341 Meeting 09/09/09
        Discharged 11/12/09
        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Hey! another new start!