341 fears ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 fears ..

Ours comes up on the 27th. WE so far have been asked for an appraisal done by an auctioneer on both of our cars. They are both paid for, but both have damage. The 2005 was hit and repaired but the job was not very good. The damages were almost 2000.00 and low trade in is 2050.00. The windshield is cracked too and it needs new tires in the back. The other car is a 2006.5 Kia with about 60,000.00 miles on it. Need brakes, and it has rear end damages too. We found the low book on it to be about 4300.00 We are not sure what the auctioneer will go off of? I mean if the trustee sells it taht way he has to pay the guy to run it through, and it will go for dealer cost??? I am not sure. We may lose a car, I hope now, Dave needs his for his job, and He can not take me to work 25 miles with one car and pick me up on time when he goes out of town for work. How would he travel to Kansas city for and overnight without a car? I guess they don't really care do they? What else will they ask for do you think?

Originally posted by momisery View Post
    Ours comes up on the 27th. WE so far have been asked for an appraisal done by an auctioneer on both of our cars. They are both paid for, but both have damage. The 2005 was hit and repaired but the job was not very good. The damages were almost 2000.00 and low trade in is 2050.00. The windshield is cracked too and it needs new tires in the back. The other car is a 2006.5 Kia with about 60,000.00 miles on it. Need brakes, and it has rear end damages too. We found the low book on it to be about 4300.00 We are not sure what the auctioneer will go off of? I mean if the trustee sells it taht way he has to pay the guy to run it through, and it will go for dealer cost??? I am not sure. We may lose a car, I hope now, Dave needs his for his job, and He can not take me to work 25 miles with one car and pick me up on time when he goes out of town for work. How would he travel to Kansas city for and overnight without a car? I guess they don't really care do they? What else will they ask for do you think?
    This really shows it varies from district to district. My TT gladly took copies of the KBB values from the internet.

Can you only exempt one of them?
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

We have a 6000.00 exemption for cars, and we have two. My hubby talked to the appraiser our accent is worth 1200-1500 ... and the kia is maybe 4000.00. He said worst case it could be 6200.00 So, will they take them I wonder?? Or will they want us to give them 200.00????

Comment

My guess would be that if you are over $200, the trustee probably won't mess with it. The reason being they have to complete a lot of paperwork to get their 25%. For the $50 they would make, it isn't worth their time. Most trustees are lawyers and they can make a lot more charging a client for their time than messing around with paperwork to get $50. I wish you the best.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X