341 Meeting Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Today

So we have our 341 Meeting today and everything seems to be ok so far, our original meeting was scheduled on 9/10 but our attorney had another client on that date and time so we had to reschedule thus our discharge date is 11/9 and after we're done with our 341 today, we'll be in the "40-day club".

Of course we do not feel very calm (though maybe we should) but we are not too stressed over it either, I have never been to a courthouse before in my life (my wife was, he was taking law classes in college).

I hope that no credits, including BECU (local credit union), show up.

Anyways, I'll post an update as soon as I get to my computer after the meeting -- hope this goes smoothly and then we'll just have to wait for our discharge date...
    Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
    341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
    Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
    Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

Good luck..Mine was actually not in a court room, but in a meeting room.

mine was a simple straight chapter 7 no asset and it took all but 3-4 minutes.

Comment

You know, maybe mine we'll be in a meeting room as well and I just don't know it I know that I am gonig to the US Courthouse though. We'll see...

Comment

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine!
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Are you all located in SoCal? Just checking if mine will be in a meeting room as well.
          File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
          Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
          Discharged: Apr 22 2010
          Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

Thanks, 2manybills, I'm sure it will easier than we thought and imagined!

liboton21, I am in Western Washington... but I'll still post an update and let everyone know where my meeting took place.

Comment

Originally posted by RBisDebtFree View Post
              So we have our 341 Meeting today and everything seems to be ok so far, our original meeting was scheduled on 9/10 but our attorney had another client on that date and time so we had to reschedule thus our discharge date is 11/9 and after we're done with our 341 today, we'll be in the "40-day club".

Of course we do not feel very calm (though maybe we should) but we are not too stressed over it either, I have never been to a courthouse before in my life (my wife was, he was taking law classes in college).

I hope that no credits, including BECU (local credit union), show up.

Anyways, I'll post an update as soon as I get to my computer after the meeting -- hope this goes smoothly and then we'll just have to wait for our discharge date...
              I meant to say my wife "she", not "he" Sorry, for the typo...

Comment

Originally posted by liboton21 View Post
                Are you all located in SoCal? Just checking if mine will be in a meeting room as well.
                Santa Ana and LA both are in meeting rooms in the courthouse.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
                  Santa Ana and LA both are in meeting rooms in the courthouse.
                  Probably in Riverside as well. Thanks.
                  File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
                  Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
                  Discharged: Apr 22 2010
                  Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by liboton21 View Post
                    Probably in Riverside as well. Thanks.
                    Can't speak to that, but liz417 or TeacherMomma have been out there. It was so casual in OC.

Comment

We're done with our 341 meeting, no creditors showed up, even the local lenders. It went very smooth. It is indeed so much easier than we thought it would be.

I wonder what now? When and how will we know if the trustee resolved our as no-assent and if he asks the judge for discharge.

One thing that the had problem understanding, was that my parents-in-law were guarantors on our mortgage and they guaranteed our mortgage with their house, so there was a lien with identical amounts on two separate properties. He asked me to explain, I did, he said that when we have moved out of the house, he'd like to have the keys, actually, his real estate. Foreclosure on both houses were stopped and the trustee will try to sell our place first to try to satisfy the foreclosing bank and spare parents-in-law's place. I wonder what do we do with this now? I hope it makes some sense and can explain what happened there. My attorney is not very willing to get into this too much because it is not covered by our contract, and I can understand that, he is a great attorney and has a lot of cases (about 50 a month) to be spending too much time on something for free.

Thanks again to everyone for your support and time and help!

Comment

Btw, it seemed that it was a courtroom -- trustee at the table and a lot of benches in the room, it didn't look like a meeting room.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X