341 end of oct. when do we have to move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 end of oct. when do we have to move

Today they appraised our cars, who knows what is next? Will they stop by the house to appraise it, will they look inside out home? Anyhow, How much time do we have in Missouri before BOA will kick us to the curb? I have noticed there are a few foreclosed homes in our area and they look horrible. We are keeping our up, but we are not paying. We are givingt he home up, can not afford it and its value is in the dumper. We re 90 days late as of today I think. So, can they take it before the 341 or do they have to wait for that at least? Can they toss us then??? Or is there a time frame? I guess I need to start packing?

Does anyone know the time frame for MO in the Springfield area?

i don't know specifics for MO, but: they can't do anything during the pendency of the bk case unless they file for relief from stay, which can take several weeks to get. then once they get the relief from stay they still have to go through whatever the state's process is, which always includes further notice to you about when it will happen. so you should start looking at options (figure out where you would want to rent, start looking at rentals so you are ready when the time comes), but they won't just show up one day and kick you out by surprise.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Okay, thank you. We have looked on craigslist, and the papers, and even drove around a bit. We have found that many places here will not take pets, but many are desperate for tennats and they are becoming more flexible. My fear is landing on a landlord who is about to lose the place and giving him my first and last months rent and never see a dime back. People who file BK do it for a reason. We have one income basically right now, we don't need to GIVE money to others.

Comment

that's a valid concern, of course. one thing you can do is say you are worried about all the foreclosures and ask straight out if they are current on the mortgage. at least some people will answer a direct question like that even if they did not intend to disclose... you could also try to find out independently if foreclosure proceedings have been filed - these would be public record, probably at the local court.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X