Paypal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal question

I sold some items on Ebay and received the money thru Paypal. Can a trustee access Paypal account to see the balance? I have a Paypal debit card so I could take the money out at any time. What your thoughts on this, its around $300. TIA

At this time, $300 is nothing. You should have listed this to be forthright, but that bit of money would not hurt you. I'd pull it but list your account in your paperwork and average it about $100 as you go to zero and may sell to 400 at times average is probably close. 'Hub P.S. Hide nothing, and nothing will worry you. Don't worry about this little bit though.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

So do you have to list that you have a Paypal account like its a bank account? If you didnt, can the trustee trace that you have one?

Comment

Originally posted by anmartin31 View Post
        So do you have to list that you have a Paypal account like its a bank account? If you didnt, can the trustee trace that you have one?
        Well, PayPal technically is a "bank account" of sorts. You have a Debit/Credit card. It should be listed.

You are able to make corrections or changes in your paperwork at anytime. I doubt the Trustee would or could trace that you had one. I had one and never thought of it as I hardly use it, and it was zero anyway. I should have listed it but didn't. As far as the bottom line, you know of it, it is bothering you, the best bet is to be totally honest with the Court and they will treat you right. If not, they can be nasty. $300 bucks is not an issue. It really is nothing to worry about if you pass that bit through time to time.

The Trustee is mostly interested in grossly irregular money transfers usually above $600 at a crack.

Sleep well tonight and forget it. Update your file at your convenience. Ask your lawyer in passing and not make a big deal of it. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I thought this might help you. We sold on Ebay a couple years ago and I remember worrying about it, turned out it didn't matter it took us so long to file we had been out of ebay for years. Still have our paypal debit card and have on occasion bought using it on ebay. I wouldn't really worry unless you are a power seller or something, however when we had our card, we had it connected to our checking acct and that was my concern.
            Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I included my Paypal account as a "bank statement." It does earn interest if you have money in there. I also showed all income I had received through Paypal.
              Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
              341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
              $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

Our trustee asked for our paypal statements before we said anything about having the account so they can see it somehow! I had 400$ in there and it wasnt a problem!
                Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
                Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
                Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

Comment

I forgot about my PayPal account but I only have about $40 in there right now. My TT never mentioned it.
                  New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by 253BK View Post
                    Our trustee asked for our paypal statements before we said anything about having the account so they can see it somehow! I had 400$ in there and it wasnt a problem!
                    How did they know that you had a Paypal account?

Comment

PayPal is a private bank owned and paid for by eBay, period.
                      I did business with them at one time too although not eBay.
                      I would think that as a bank you should have listed the account.
                      Will they find it? Beats me.

Comment

PayPal is a global online payment system owned by Ebay, they are not a bank.

None the less the account should be listed in ones paperwork. IMO

Comment

The words I used was a private bank,onlilne or otherwise, which is what it is.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X