341 Meeting today, good and bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting today, good and bad

So we had our 341 meeting today and most went pretty fast. We got called up there and were asked the same questions until they asked if anyone had anything else. A lady at the table said she had some questions. She asked us a few additional questions which others were not asked. I dont think this lady was the UST but these questions were obviously from the UST.

She asked some questions that were like this but not word for word.

Q: When was the last time you used your credit cards?
    A: Dec 2008

Q: Have you listed any unsecured debt payments as part of your monthly payments?
    A: No

Q: How do you come to file for BK?
    A: Poor financial decisions, loss of hours.

Q: To my wife: Are you looking for work?
    A: No

Q: What is with your business? (I have a business name in my name, just for tax purposes. I dont get income from it, I work for a agency which pays me and pays my taxes so I am like a normal employee. )
    A: I told her the business was in name only. I didnt do anything with it and I am employed and paid at X place.

She then told my lawyer they needed my 2 years tax returns (which he had) and my recent pay checks. Then we were done. It took about 5 min max.

We filed with over 100K in credit card debt, and no assets so we knew it was a good chance the UST would at least look at our case. We were under the median income by about a thousand, and under on expenses by like $1,000.

My only worry is my hours have picked up and my last two checks were about 31-36% more then my average check during the past 6 months. My lawyer said he wasnt worried but if anything bad happened we would deal with it.

But it does make me a little nervous. I am hoping this is a normal ust checking up on it and nothing more. Just looking for some insight to see if I am worrying over nothing.

[QUOTE=Klesko;333654]So we had our 341 meeting today and most went pretty fast. We got called up there and were asked the same questions until they asked if anyone had anything else. A lady at the table said she had some questions. She asked us a few additional questions which others were not asked. I dont think this lady was the UST but these questions were obviously from the UST.

During our 341 there was a "paralegal" from the UST's attorney asking a few of the people question and taking notes. She didn't talk to us, but she was definitely there getting information. I think the attorneys are so busy now, they are sending paralegals in.
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

[QUOTE=2manybills;333669]
      Originally posted by Klesko View Post
      So we had our 341 meeting today and most went pretty fast. We got called up there and were asked the same questions until they asked if anyone had anything else. A lady at the table said she had some questions. She asked us a few additional questions which others were not asked. I dont think this lady was the UST but these questions were obviously from the UST.

During our 341 there was a "paralegal" from the UST's attorney asking a few of the people question and taking notes. She didn't talk to us, but she was definitely there getting information. I think the attorneys are so busy now, they are sending paralegals in.
      I am guessing the lady was the same as you mentioned. I saw she had some paper with the list of questions and was writting the answers down. Also I think I heard her say something like, bob didnt have anymore questions. I am assuming bob was the UST which gave her the questions to ask.

Comment

[QUOTE=Klesko;333671]
        Originally posted by 2manybills View Post

I am guessing the lady was the same as you mentioned. I saw she had some paper with the list of questions and was writting the answers down. Also I think I heard her say something like, bob didnt have anymore questions. I am assuming bob was the UST which gave her the questions to ask.

Sounds like it. The paralegal did contact our attorney prior to our 341 just wanted to make sure we were keeping the house. She was just looking for DMI, but didn't find any!
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Congratulations!
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congratz and have a happy 60 days!
            Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Sounds like your 341 went well...congrats and welcome to the 60 day club!!
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

So what does this mean from pacer...

This was updated this evening, after the meeting.

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution

that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee.

Comment

You are a NO ASSETS case!! WhooHooo!!! That was fast!
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

It means you are good to go.

Sounds like a little last minute fishing at the 341.

CONGRATS!
                    No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Congrats all sounds well. Don't worry, no distribution is exactly what you wanted to hear!
                      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Just seemed like it was very early to see since my 341 was the same day of the report.. But cant complain about good news.

Comment

Just seemed like it was very early to see since my 341 was the same day of the report.. But cant complain about good news.
                          Sounds like the UST wanted a few extra questions asked, probably triggered by being over 100K in CC debt. I think sometimes they do that sort of thing just to show "due diligence", but I am only speculating.

Sounds like it is going great now! Congratulations!
                          Filed: 9/9/2009
                          341: 10/13, went well!
                          Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

So do I need to worry about the UST all at this point? The UST requested my two recent pay stubs during the meeting. I was going to give those to my lawyer on monday.

Comment

So what does this mean from pacer...

This was updated this evening, after the meeting.

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution

that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee.
                              It's good news......But remember this report only comes from the panel trustee stating that he can't find any assets to sell to pay your creditors.

This is not from the UST...remember those objections have nothing to do with assets. those come from 707(b) objections which normally come from the UST, not the panel trustee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X