top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you walk away from everything in a 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you walk away from everything in a 7?

Not only CCs, but your mortgage, everything, just say I am done, here have it all and walk away?

Not behind on the mortgage, have stopped paying all CCs.

Are you under the medain income for your state and your size of family?

Comment

There are some debts that you may still be responsible for after bk (student loans, taxes). Most secured and unsecured debt can be eliminated in bk. It would be best for you to set up a few free meetings with a bk attorney and they can go over your specific financial situation. There are some great threads on here to review. I am new to this process and I have learned alot about the bk process. The peeps on here have been very helpful. I wish the best for you.

Comment

Yes you can but you have to be really carefully because if you "walk away" from everything, that probably will increase your DMI (disposable monthly income) and *might* push you into a ch 13.
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
          Yes you can but you have to be really carefully because if you "walk away" from everything, that probably will increase your DMI (disposable monthly income) and *might* push you into a ch 13.

Thats about what I thought. My attorney said if I want to add the house or truck to the BK just let him know....also if I want to add them at a later time, I can do that as well.

No student loans, I was to damn young and stupid to go to collage, no I had to go to work, skip that education...I kick myself these days for that.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
            Are you under the medain income for your state and your size of family?

Yes I am under the median by $6,000 for my state, which sadly is not that high to begin with, guess I am a bigger loser than I thought....

Comment

Don't consider yourself as a loser. There are many folks that have a four year degree that have a hard time finding a $10 hour job - my husband is one of them. Keep your head high - this is a stressful process and the best thing you can do is believe in yourself. Good luck to you.

Comment

Hey I had to go to work too but I did school part time! I'm 31 and I've been in school now for like hmmm......all but 4 years of my life??? I have taken a few 6 month breaks here and there. Took me 6 years to get my bachelors and its gonna be like 3-4 for my masters... but its worth every penny of my student loans... I think.... maybe... lol.

My philosophy is keep deferring my student loans until I die... then they'll get written off... lol.
                BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                  Yes I am under the median by $6,000 for my state, which sadly is not that high to begin with, guess I am a bigger loser than I thought....
                  You are not a loser. There are people from all backgrounds and walks of life that file for bankruptcy. I have a graduate degree from an Ivy League business school and filed chapter 7 in August. Money and things do not matter. Finding out what will make you happy and then getting a fresh start to pursue what will have meaning to you is what matters.

We all understand what it means to hit the reset button.
                  You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                    Sorry, I had to chuckle to that last part.

There are very few "winners" in this game of life. Heck, if the auto companies and big corporations can't get it right, then I don't feel so bad.

There are a lot of us "losers" in the same boat with you, friend. And last I looked, it is one huge boat.

Comment

Guess back in the day it was called Love Boat now we can call it Debt Boat.

Comment

"Debt Boat" or the Titanic ???? This thread is giving me a few "chuckles' today! Thanks !

Comment

Titanic here.....

Eh I am tired of the whole damn mess...

I am tired of alot of things these days....

Thankfully I am good at cooking beans and rice....

Comment

some people have PhD's and MBAs and still can't find jobs, and if they do find a job they get underpaid. and, didn't bill gates quit college? so, not going to college has nothing to do with success.
                            filed ch7 May 09
                            341 june 09
                            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X