SS Card question for 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Card question for 341 meeting

Our 341 meeting is later today... We JUST realized 2 days ago that the SS Card my wife was carrying around was our Son's... not hers... she has no idea where hers is... We applied for a new one on Monday... The Social Security Admin office gave us a couple pieces of paper saying that yes... such and such SSN belongs to my wife and that yes... she did apply for a new card.

Will this work at the 341 meeting??? or are there other things we should bring just to be sure?

Thanks,
    Shaun

that should be more then fine. take your drivers liscence too. also, if you have any other paperwork with your SS on it they accept that as well. paycheck stub, etc as long as it has your social on it.

lots of people dont have their card and bring their paystub.
    Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
    [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
    [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
    [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Originally posted by bkfiler
      that should be more then fine. take your drivers liscence too. also, if you have any other paperwork with your SS on it they accept that as well. paycheck stub, etc as long as it has your social on it.

lots of people dont have their card and bring their paystub.

Which is good (Bringing paystub) shows that what you say you make is what you say...But thank for the info, I applied for a SS card (Lost the old one) and yet I have an interview which they want it...So this will work

Comment

Bring Your W-2

Bring your W-2 or any other government issued piece of paper with your SS# or Taxpayer ID on it.

Comment

One person only had a credit report that showed their SSN and that seemed acceptable to the trustee. But, that may depend on the trustee.

Good luck with your 341 meeting!
          Last edited by quest42; 11-09-2005, 09:40 AM.
          I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
          10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
          10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
          10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
          11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
          01/16/06: Last day to file objections
          01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Most anything from a 3rd party (pay stubs, Income taxes, etc), with your SS# on it whould work.
            BTW, I have been feverishly looking for mine for the last 3 weeks. I had it in a small briefcase, loose w/ all of my Bk paperwork. Bothered the dear wife that it was just sitting there loose and she was afraid that I would lose it, so I put it up somewhere and then couldn't remember where. Looked through everything I could think of, emptied drwers, etc. Of course, the first place I looked was my wallet, but it wasn't there.
            Called myself a dummy and fool for not putting there where it should have gone. Privately and silently called my wife a fool for bugging me to move it. Yesterday, I'm at my eye Dr's. and looking for the slips re: my cataracrt implants. Well I have a while to wait while work is being done on my glasses, and go through everything in my wallet. Lo and behold, there was my SS card, EXACTLY where I used to keep my credit cards!
            I was one happy dummy! Art

Comment

good advice. im going to get mine right now and put it in my wallet.

now where did i put mine...
              Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
              [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
              [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
              [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Went to 341 meeting

the Trustee had no problem with the SSN sheet from the SSA office and it was all not problem. He wants us to give him our 2005 tax return... but other than that... it went smooth.

Comment

My husband's ss card was so damaged from carrying in his wallet, you could hardly read the numbers so he had inked them in a long time before we filed. Fortunately, the trustee didn't have a problem with it and we have since gotten him a new one. He did have a second id with his ss # on it that he could have used but it wasn't an issue.

The one question the trustee asked every single debtor on the day of our hearing was "have you or do you expect to receive an inheritance?". I guess his experience has been that people like to keep that info to themselves.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X