How long should I wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should I wait?

I was a small business owner. I sold my business a few days ago for $25,000, $7000K of which went to pay off debt, however, I'm still left with $60k debt and I plan to file chapter 7. I'm recieving $1000 lease from the business, which goes to rent, food, etc.

How long should I wait before filing for bankrtuptcy? I sold the business through a restaurant business broker, at market value. I only recently stopped using any of the cards.
    Last edited by seattle; 10-05-2009, 02:25 AM.

Hello Seattle. If you are actually in the PNW, there are a few of us here.

Get with an Attorney ASAP. PM me if you would like a reference. Beyond that, card usage will not mean much as long as it's food, gas, medical type stuff. The biz sounds like a current market sale, so as long as the proceeds go to living expenses, and any needed home/car (provided it's exempted) repair, there's no need to wait to file.
    No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Originally posted by Chowder View Post
      Hello Seattle. If you are actually in the PNW, there are a few of us here.

Get with an Attorney ASAP. PM me if you would like a reference. Beyond that, card usage will not mean much as long as it's food, gas, medical type stuff. The biz sounds like a current market sale, so as long as the proceeds go to living expenses, and any needed home/car (provided it's exempted) repair, there's no need to wait to file.
      The person who bought the business is someone who lives next door, not a friend. Do you think this may cause any problems? Will this cause the trustee to do a little more digging?

Comment

Are you still involved in operating the business?

Comment

Originally posted by Calthius View Post
          Are you still involved in operating the business?
          Nope

Comment

Originally posted by seattle View Post
            The person who bought the business is someone who lives next door, not a friend. Do you think this may cause any problems? Will this cause the trustee to do a little more digging?
            Shouldn't matter where they live.

I started planning over a year ago. Sold lots of stuff right up to filing. Nothing was questioned.
            No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X