"Wildcard" in CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Wildcard" in CA?

If you take the 75k 'homestead' exemption in an attempt to keep a primary residence are you entitled to any other exemptions? I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep my motorhome...it has no equity.

Originally posted by AllMyFault View Post
    If you take the 75k 'homestead' exemption in an attempt to keep a primary residence are you entitled to any other exemptions? I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep my motorhome...it has no equity.
    in Ca you have to use system 1 or 2, not both, so if your using system 1 to protect your home equity, you cant use the wild card in system 2. My mortgage is underwater, so i have no equity, therefor i'm using system 2 to protect my toyhauler
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
      in Ca you have to use system 1 or 2, not both, so if your using system 1 to protect your home equity, you cant use the wild card in system 2. My mortgage is underwater, so i have no equity, therefor i'm using system 2 to protect my toyhauler
      Oh Okay..
      In System 1 are their any other allowed exemptions or is the Homestead exemption the only one?

Thanks!

Comment

yes, but nothing you could protect a motorhome with. you should talk to an attorney, but you are probably Sol because you have home equity to protect.
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X