Question re: letters sent back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re: letters sent back...

I have received back in the mail some letters from the creditors that the Bankruptcy Court sent out. They were returned to me because the creditors were no longer at those addresses.

Am I supposed to be searching out new addresses for them? Or, should I just bring the returned letters to the hearing as proof? Will those debts then be eliminated?

Thank you, everyone!

Where did you get the addresses? The addresses which thay want are not where you send your bills. it is the home office. Pull a credit report. Internet will be the quickest. Check the addresses on there. Notify the court of the new addresses.
    If this is where you originally got the addresses from (and it is a current (2-3 months) report, send a copy of that along witht the returned letters to the court.
    You can call info (I think that it is still 1-800-555-1212) for free 800 telephone numbers. You can also call regular info (even though it costs at least $.75 per call to get their phone numbers) However, you get the numbers, phone them and ask for their addresses (specifically to serve them with notification of Bk).
    It is important that, however unpleasant this is, or how much you feel that you've already done the right thing, that you continue to seek out these addresses and keep the court informed of successes and failures (as well as the steps you've taken).
    It is estremely important (I repeat again), because of they do not receive notification or you can prove that all avenues to contact them were exhausted, they can contest the discharge of the debt and sometimes (maybe often) win and you will still be responsible for re-paying the debt.
    At least, that's my understanding.
    I know that it's a PITA, but better to deal with this PITA now, then a much larger one after case is discharged and you would have to pay more atty's fees and feel the anxiety of starting over.
    Best wishes, Art

Comment

One of my creditor addresses was listed wrong on the matrix (lawyer typo)... and she said she would have to do an amendment to correct the address. If I were you, I would check with your BK court office to find out exactly how you should handle the returned mailed. Obviously, you will want to get the corrected addresses & get the letters out to them.... but not sure the correct process in doing this. Best bet would be to ask the court.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X