Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the difference?

Between Discharged and Closed?

Seems to me the discharge is what comes first (about 60 days after a 341 with no assests) but once we're discharged (hoping Oct 23,2009) are we free to live life and not have to worry something court/trustee wise will happen?

Does Closed mean the case is all complete? Never to be opened again? Do we worry until we get closed?

Anyone in Norther Ohio know about how long after the discharge the closed happens?

And for next years taxes (1040 married) do we have to do anything special because of the BK? We have been doing turbo tax self filing for years, is that the way to go for next year or should we see an accountant?

Thanks so much for all the replies. This forum is wonderful to have. Tho we have never meet it is nice to know I have cyber friends who understand the pressure of BK.

"Closed" is related to the administering of the assets if you are an asset case, and other loose ends. It does not affect you.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Backtoschool,
      You mean that on the 23rd if nothing is filed by then we're done? YEAH!
      I was just so nervous about this whole dang thing. Thanks for giving something to smile about.
      What about the surrendering of a vechicle? will that keep us open longer?

Comment

Your case will be open as long as any of the 'behind the scenes' administrative details or being settled. If the surrender of a vehicle is something that was pending before Discharge, and it hasn't been picked up yet, then I think the case will stay open until that is handled.

If you have simple income tax issues, and have been doing TurboTax, and the trustee had no questions, then I think you are okay there, too.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X