Question re: going back to work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re: going back to work...

I want to go back to work (haven't worked since 2000 cause of illness)...are there any regulations about this now that I have filed for bankruptcy? If so, details?

Thanks again....

Have you been discharged? If so, you'll be okay because you'll be receiving post-petition wages but it would look odd if you suddenly began earning $200k a year a few weeks after filing. You don't want to give creditors reason to object to your discharge by changing income before discharge so I'd wait until after discharge.

Comment

Yes, wait till after discharge.......

Don't rock the boat!!

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I started a new job before my 341 and the trustee did not even ask me about my job status. I filed as unemployed. I guess it depends on what trustee you have.
        09/20/2005 Purchased Form7 software and started listing debts
        09/27/2005 About 80% done with the paperwork. Goal is to file next week on 10/03/05
        10/03/2005 Filed chapter 7 bankruptcy with the western district in washington state!
        10/10/2005 Received notification in the mail that my 341 is scheduled for 11/09/2005 with instructions to bring SS Card and ID
        11/09/2005 Successful 341! Trustee proclaims NO ASSET DISTRIBUTION!!! OH YEAH!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X