This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of car with needed body work

According to the Blue Book, my car is worth about $8300, and the exemption in my state is $7500 (Louisiana.) But I have about $2200 in body damage (caused by others that was paid from their insurance companies to me) that I never got around to fixing. Would my car thus be valued at $6100, and hence under the exemption? The car was just recently paid off.

In MO the Trustee has our cars appraised. The guy met hubby and looked them both over and gave a FAST AUCTION price... blue book had nothing to do with it. I am not sure how you do it there though. But I would ask my ATTY... they may let you get them appraised. Both our cars had damages, chipped glass, rearend damage and a really bad bodywork job on the little one that still creaks and groans now from its massive damages. We have our 341 on the 27th of this month so I am not sure how all of this hangs together.. but I do know the blue book meant nothing here.

Comment

Well, if it is auction value, that sounds like wholesale or trade-in value, which should put it low enough to go under the exemption on its own.

Looks to be about $4500, which should keep me under the limit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X