When will my case show up in PACER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will my case show up in PACER?

My attorney filed this morning electronically. Why can't I see my case in PACER?
    Filed 10/8/09
    341 11/2/09
    Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
    Discharged 1/5/10

Make sure you are in the correct district.

But the case should show up as soon as it is filed. Either, the case hasn't been filed yet (did your attorney give you the case number), or you are looking in the wrong part of PACER.

Comment

What is the correct area?
      Filed 10/8/09
      341 11/2/09
      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

I think I am using the correct area. I can see other peoples cases.
        Filed 10/8/09
        341 11/2/09
        Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Mine showed up in PACER within 2 days after my atty filed electronically. It doesn't take long.
          Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
          341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
          Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

By district you must look at the district court that it was filed in.
            Do you know what district it's in????
            And did he tell you he filed and do you know for sure. He should be able to give you the case number if he did. But you don't need that to do a query either as you can do it with your SS# on Pacer too.

Comment

I know the district. I searched by social no results. I don't have a case number but he did email me earlier that it was filed. I guess I'll have to wait...
              Filed 10/8/09
              341 11/2/09
              Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

If you are searching the right district, by your SS#, he is telling you what you want to hear. I don't think it's filed, just yet anyway.
                Many times they have their staff go over all the paperwork just before it's filed. And I really don't see an attorney sitting there typing all the information in. I think his/her paralegal does it for him.
                I also think it's strange he/she says it's filed but offers no case number.
                Give a a day or two, try again, and then demand your case number from him/her if it does not show up.

Comment

I guess I'll give it to monday then. I guess it really doesn't matter exactly when I file... It matters more exactly when I get discharged...

Thanks.
                  Filed 10/8/09
                  341 11/2/09
                  Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

I guess you are not getting phone calls.
                    And in a manner of speaking no it does not matter, but the stuff you gave him is dated and the money on hand "as of date" and such does.
                    I am sure it will be just a couple of days. We signed off with the attorney in the morning. His staff and went over the paperwork, entered the data and electroniclly filed the mess that same day before they all went home.
                    I would be the attorney was sitting in a bar somewhere enjoying my $ when it was filed. It's just a password on the system that I am sure the paralegal has in hand.
                    My case number was emailed to me per my request that evening by his office.
                    You might call them and request the same be done, that way you know the case is filed.

Comment

No, I'm not getting phone calls. I'm current until monday. I really do hope he filed today. I get my direct deposit tomorrow morning...
                      Filed 10/8/09
                      341 11/2/09
                      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Search by your name. Also, your attorney should get a case number as soon as he files. Everything shows up right away on Pacer, at least in So. Cal.
                        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                        Discharged: 11/30/2009
                        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

We signed at about 430pm and I was able to look mine up (not pacer) later that evening with my case number provided by attorney at 540pm
                          9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
                          11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
                          1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X