Can anything be filed after 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anything be filed after 341?

If I have already had my 341 meeting, can I add creditors that just billed me for doctors appointments my insurance co. didnt pay for? The appointment was before I filed.

Also, could I still surrender my vehicle and have the balance discharged?

Thanks!

As long as you don't sign a reaffirmation agreement, you can surrender your vehicle AT ANY TIME and not be held responsibe for the balance owing as long as it was listed on your BK (which all debt should have been). In my state (MI), a reaffirmation agreement is not required, so that's why the plan is with husband's vehicle - he will keep it & continue to make payments, but not reaffirm. Just incase something happens and he is unable to make payments, he can then return it & be free & clear of that debt.

I am not sure about the timeline for adding creditors though.....

Comment

How long does the stay last?

My debts should be discharged around the first of january. I am behind two payments and have made 3 payments in the last month so as not to get my car repossessed. I have recieved offers in the mail for car financing before discharge. It seems it would almost be easier to get a new car and let this on go back if I wont be held responsible for the payments. Im not sure what kind of interest rate they are talking about, but if I were not in the catch up mode, I could most likely pay it off early like I have my other vehicles...you know, before I was a deadbeat

Does this make any sense or would I be digging myself into a deeper hole? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

reaffirm

I signed a reaffirmation statement for my vehicle but haven't had my 341 meeting yet. Would it be too late to change and say that I do not want to keep the vehicle?
        Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

Options?

Originally posted by newstart
          I signed a reaffirmation statement for my vehicle but haven't had my 341 meeting yet. Would it be too late to change and say that I do not want to keep the vehicle?
          You could amend your statement of intention...

Or, just announce your intentions at the 341 meeting?

Remember, reaffirmations usually must be approved by the court, the judge makes sure it is in your best interests to reaffirm.
          I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
          10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
          10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
          10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
          11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
          01/16/06: Last day to file objections
          01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X