top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would I be able to get a trustee to allow me to redeem my house by withdrawing $ ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swampwiz View Post
    OK, I'll wait for 6 months to get the proper look back - whatever my attorney says.

Not a mere pittance where $1K a month is a damn good salary. And I would expect to look for work from time to time when the job situation would recover. I would do work via O-Desk (I think that is what it is called) and complete with the Romanians and Russians. I could teach English, perhaps get a job at the embassy, etc.

Let's review the original post, shall we?

The exemption is $35K, so the total house would be $53K. That still may not sound like much, but it is good enough to get a very good condition 800 ft^2 house on a nice little lot in a cheap area of the country.

Sorry for being very proactive and curious.

You must have a problem with logic and reading comprehension. I was not regretful at all. I just want the trustee to say it's OK for me to reaffirm my debt with possibly no income, with the knowledge that I have a fat 401K from which I can withdraw cash and pay up immediately following the BK.

So you are saying that I should draw out my 401K to pay my debts? I don't agree with you. OJ Simpson does not agree with you, and I'm sure that even the trustee and the MBA's at the creditors would feel the same way about their own 401Ks.

Of the 40K in cash is 23K of a grant that was given to me to buy a home after a natural disaster (to be combined with the proceeds from the sale of another homesite that had been purchased earlier with the intention of constructing a home, which had to be abandoned because of the bankruptcy.) I would be violating the fiduciary trust of that grant to NOT buy the home. And in any case, wouldn't it be better for me to not get any more into a hole so that the creditors would get nothing? As it stand now, the creditors are likely to 25%.

And as for me not taking advantage of the exemptions as they are on the books, that's like saying that someone should not take advantage of tax breaks. To quote Supreme Court Justice Learned Hand:

I am in my right to decrease the amount that I owe my creditors so long as they are legal. Congress and my state legislature wrote the laws that way - it is better for a corporation to take a small loss then to have citizenry impoverished and dependent on the public dole. If I am not forced to take a withdrawal from my 401K to pay the creditors, then so be it. The fancy MBA's at the creditors looked into the mathematical models to figure out how to maximize their lending yield. Obviously, I must have been doing something right - and quite frankly, had I not had a series of unexpected circumstances, those MBA's would have been right about me - just like the Masters of the Universe on Wall Street that somehow figured out that an immigrant maid should be able to buy a $500K home.

The bottom line is that we have all learned lessons in this. I will no longer be seduced by the low interest balance transfer come-ons - even though I used that leverage to put off paying for things and building a nest egg to invest in the market and do very well in it. This time it didn't work, but even if it did, it could have been possible that I would still have been in this position (albeit down the road a while) in the future due to continued difficulty finding proper work because the leaders of this country would rather allow foreigners to come in and take away the jobs of highly educated Americans.
    Please, for the sake of everyone on this forum, take your meds.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      Your posts are manic.
      Agreed. I am sure a lot of other folks were frazzled at the beginning as well. It is very similar to the feeling I had when I was diagnosed with cancer and was wondering whether I was in stage I (which I was ) or something not so good, or when I learned the levee broke and didn't know exactly how high the water got (had it been another 1-1/2' I would have lost a lot more stuff that had great meaning to me.) In the end, those situations worked out for the best, and I am cautiously optimistic that this situation will be as well.

You have asked this question several times.

Here:

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=46206
      Not exactly. I have changed my mind to get a keeper (at least for a while) in Louisiana and blow off getting a place in Colorado. Actually, if I could get a permanent resident status (i.e., "Green Card") in a country in Eastern Europe, then down the road I could consider getting a place there and moving my stuff via shipping container there. I think I have located the keeper and will be checking it out and making a deposit this week.

My other post had me not getting a keeper, and just letting the trustee take it from me, giving me the cash. If anything, I should be commended for wanting to stay in Louisiana.

<quote>Here:

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=46211,</quote>

At least that post was close, but not exactly the same. This post deals with the situation in which there would not have the carrot of a high interest rate, but rather the trustee just offering out the standard reaffirmation interest rate as a matter of course.

<quote>and again earlier in this thread.

It is not that I am not understanding your posts. It is just that I am sick of answering the same question over and over again.

I will not be answering any more of your posts. I guess that makes me a "weenie" too.[/QUOTE]

No, the folks who tell me to talk to an attorney are weenies. If that's all someone has to say, then they shouldn't say anything. If they have something to say, but add in that I should talk to a lawyer, then that is not weenies behavior.

Actually, you are probably one of the best repliers here, with good information, logically presented. When I "graduate" from this, I'll be a fount of knowledge, and will give advise to those junior to me who are just going through this.

Comment

Swampwiz: Enough is enough. It is time to stop whatever game you are playing. We are not here to help you beat the system. Nor are we going to keep stroking your ego by responding to your posts. I am closing this thread, and will close the others.

If you start up other threads with the same tone, you will be banned.

You have enough money in hand it seems, therefore do as Flamingo said, and go see your attorney tomorrow.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X