Credit scoring after filing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit scoring after filing.

My score was 680 prior to filing, now it has dropped to 632 with the public record on there. None of the accounts read In Bankruptcy. When they do say it, do you think my score will drop further?
    Filed 10/8/09
    341 11/2/09
    Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
    Discharged 1/5/10

Probably. But does it really matter?
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Yes, I want my score back as high as possible after discharge. And if 632 is as low as it's going to go (which i doubt). Then I'm off to a good start. But I have a feeling it is going to get lower when accounts read in bankruptcy, then get higher after the balances are changed to 0. Can anyone confirm this?
      Filed 10/8/09
      341 11/2/09
      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

It really doesn't mater because you filed and that in its self will take some time to get behind you. Once you have it on your report it really doesn't mater what your score is for the first couple of years. You cant walk away from debt without a penalty and that is was it is.
        Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
        341 Meeting 01/20/2010
        Discharged 3/22/2010
        Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

~also learn to not care what the number represents and the more you understand that the better you will be, and not be lured back into the credit cards and debt in general.
          Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
          341 Meeting 01/20/2010
          Discharged 3/22/2010
          Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

You are probably right about that. Even with a 700 score post discharge I will probably have a problem getting a loan from a regular lender.
            Filed 10/8/09
            341 11/2/09
            Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Originally posted by logansdad View Post
              ~also learn to not care what the number represents and the more you understand that the better you will be, and not be lured back into the credit cards and debt in general.
              I have no interest in credit cards, but need them to rebuild my credit. I do however have interest in a car loan. I intend to return my car and would prefer to get a new loan myself if possible.
              Filed 10/8/09
              341 11/2/09
              Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Originally posted by BBW View Post
                I have no interest in credit cards, but need them to rebuild my credit. I do however have interest in a car loan. I intend to return my car and would prefer to get a new loan myself if possible.

Ours went to 545 after we filed and now we are at 699. A few things to clean up, but most accounts are showing Zero balance.
                Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                Discharged: 11/30/2009
                Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I just was just studying my credit report and realized my report dropped to 632 just because of the public record, once the accounts are updated to in bankruptcy the score will drop a lot more...
                  Filed 10/8/09
                  341 11/2/09
                  Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Which credit bureau are you using to see this?

Only equifax shows your actual FICO score. The rest use their own in-house formula, which is not your true score.
                    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
                      Which credit bureau are you using to see this?

Only equifax shows your actual FICO score. The rest use their own in-house formula, which is not your true score.
                      Sure the other two are your true score. It might not be the exact FICO scoring model but all three of the seperately are your true score. It depends on which score a lender chooses to use. Honda Fiance I know uses transunion, my credit union uses just experian, and mortgae companies use all three. The scores mentioned above are Transunion ver.04 scores.
                      Filed 10/8/09
                      341 11/2/09
                      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

There is a 91 point score difference between my Trans vs Equifax FICO score. Trans 663 vs 572 Equifax

Creditors may use Exp or Trans for credit reporting purposes but this does not mean that FICO does not process the score for them. The only reason Trans and Exp do not use FICO for consumer scores is because they have to pay for it. Whereas, their score is free since they made it up using their own formula.
                        Last edited by shabam; 10-18-2009, 07:02 PM.
                        My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                        posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Generally when there is such a large spread in scores it is because there is different information on each report. When the reports are exactly the same, account for account, negative for negative, and inquiry for inquiry there would be a 10-20 point difference.
                          Filed 10/8/09
                          341 11/2/09
                          Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Credit Score Increases After BK Filing?

Just filed Chapter 7 on 11/2/09, previous scores on 9/2/09: EQ 544 / EX 542 / TU 592. Checked reports today 11/8/09 showed my BK filing and credit scores 11/08/09 - EQ 593 / EX 592 / TU 619! What's with the increase? Balances still show, will be interesting to see what happens next month after my 341 meeting. Anyone else have this happen?
                            November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

You are probably looking at a 200 point drop with a Chapter 7, either way it is three years after discharge before you qualify for an FHA conforming mortgage.
                              I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X