top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where in PACER to find that your case is no asset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in PACER to find that your case is no asset?

I logged in to PACER and went to the status page on for my case. At the top it says:
    Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Judge: ******
    Date filed: 08/06/2009 Date of last filing: 10/07/2009

What does "Asset: No" mean in this case? My attorney said that trustee still has 30 days to decide if it's an asset or no asset case. I only wont to sell my car that's braking down. I can't drive and don't want to keep.

Below, in "Pending Statuses" it says "Awaiting Discharge".

I mainly have a question of how and when to figure out if your case is no asset?
    Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
    341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
    Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
    Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

When did you have your 341? Or have you yet?

The status header just means that the current state of your case is No Asset. If you filed as a no asset case then this means just what you filed as. The TT can turn it into an asset case. What you are looking for is the TT report that says something like "Report of no distribution" or something like that which means the TT believes you dont have any assets. Once you see this that means you are a no asset case.

Comment

The official filing stating that your case is a no asset, will show up with the rest of your case filings. You can access it by going to the case summary link.
      Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
      Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
      Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

I had my 341 on Oct 1st, the only thing trustee was interested in is the house...

Thanks for the info!

Comment

No problem. It may not be there yet, as it won't show up until the report is filed.
          Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
          Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
          Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

Do you know if there's any deadline for the trustee to file the report? My discharge date is Nov 9th, can trustee wait to file after the discharge or does he have to file before?

Also, if I need to sell my car (that is exempt according to WA exemptions) do I even need to wait for the report of no distribution or should I go ahead and sell?

Comment

I believe exempt means just that and the TT would have to object to any exemptions within 30 days of your 341.
              Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X