will my daughter scholarship be affected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will my daughter scholarship be affected

My daughter and girlfriend , her mother bank at the same bank that I do . I am filing Ch 7 this weekand am closing my bank account at one of the big banks (WF), My daughter earned a full ride scholarship to UCLA and she has her funds banked in her name only(she is 18 YO) at the same bank I do. Also my girlfriend and I purchased a house together for 90K, a beat up REPO, from equity we got from selling our other house that we could not afford any more. We rerecorded in a living trust jointly with her owning 50% or 45K and the same for me. we also recorded a homestead exemption so no unsecured creditors can sue us and put us out in the street. Question is can this bank take my daughters scholarship away or take my girlfriends money since she lives at the same address that I do?" Her account is separate from mine too.

NO! Not at all. Your daughter is not a minor and even if she were, she is a separate person. The account she has, has no connection with you. Your friends money and particularly in a Trust (although I really don't see what this kind of trust is, we have one, didn't do anything), should not be affected since she has separate accounts.

The only thing I think that may matter is her part of your expenses. I assume she pays part of the bills, etc.

You are good to go. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

they can't touch money that's not yours. children and girlfriends are not liable for a person's debts.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X