Marshal's Notice of Execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGT View Post
    Backtoschool; The Marshals handbook is referring to items that were sold on installments or leased such as a meter for the electric company, or a cable box. Something specific which can then be considered as a crime of theft if it is not returned.

They DO NOT issue warrants just to see if you got any stuff worth money.
    Read the other sections of the handbook. All items are covered. The marshall can break and enter and seize as long as they have court approval.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Right, but I think what JGT is saying is that no judge would or could grant such an order as it would be unconstitutional and a violation of the 4th Ammendment. Look, don't get me wrong, I am OF COURSE hoping that JGT is right, because the alterntive really sucks, and if the Marsal can simply break and enter on the suspcion that "I may have valuables he can plunder and sell," then perhaps we should all start reading Mein Kompf!

Again, I don't know the law, which is why this is all so stress causing, but I hope JGT is right!

Comment

Originally posted by NSH View Post
        Right, but I think what JGT is saying is that no judge would or could grant such an order as it would be unconstitutional and a violation of the 4th Ammendment. Look, don't get me wrong, I am OF COURSE hoping that JGT is right, because the alterntive really sucks, and if the Marsal can simply break and enter on the suspcion that "I may have valuables he can plunder and sell," then perhaps we should all start reading Mein Kompf!

Again, I don't know the law, which is why this is all so stress causing, but I hope JGT is right!
        I think it's more a case of the Marshall not wanting to take the time and expense to break and enter NSH. There is my lower hanging fruit in getting cars towed away and in getting salary garnishments and bank levies.

If you are working steadily towards doing your taxes and getting filed, I think you will be safe from breaking and entering by the Marshall in my opinion.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X