Post discharge coarse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post discharge coarse

I'm taking the post discharge course as I type. Yes it's boring and it must take a minimum of 2 hours! AAAHHHHH! What a worthless thread but you all know the pain we feel VENTING!!!
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

I think you mean the pre discharge course.
    Filed 10/8/09
    341 11/2/09
    Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
    Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

I took it yesterday. It wasn't that bad. I clicked on a topic got up and did something else and came back 10 mins later and answered 5 questions then clicked the next topic and got up again and so on and so on. I ended up doing this for just over 2hrs but only had to spend 15 minutes on the computer. It wasn't so bad.
      Filed 10/8/09
      341 11/2/09
      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

I had our computer going with mine and my husband's course going at the same time. And I clicked from screen to screen.
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Yup that's exactly what I'm doing. Just time consuming, boring and pretty basic knowledge to me since I was a banker. MMMM, but again I'm BK. Back to classs

Comment

Originally posted by BBW View Post
            I took it yesterday. It wasn't that bad. I clicked on a topic got up and did something else and came back 10 mins later and answered 5 questions then clicked the next topic and got up again and so on and so on. I ended up doing this for just over 2hrs but only had to spend 15 minutes on the computer. It wasn't so bad.
            LOL..that is exactly what I did. Texted messaged on my phone, watched TV, fixed something to eat.

Tanya
            Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
            Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
            On The Road To Rebuilding
            5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

Yeah, I did the same thing while waiting for my timer to finish...cleaned house, washed dishes, ate, watched tv, etc
              I had to do it twice since my husband didn't have the time and according to him..."I got us into this mess"
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

They can't put you in debtor's jail anymore.... I guess that course was our punishment! I wish I could say that I had learned even one thing from the course but I didn't. It seemed like it was geared towards someone just starting out. I want to know what to do from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                  Yeah, I did the same thing while waiting for my timer to finish...cleaned house, washed dishes, ate, watched tv, etc
                  I had to do it twice since my husband didn't have the time and according to him..."I got us into this mess"
                  You both probably got yourselfs into this mess. I know my ex caused my bk problems, but I certainly did help them. Or try to stop it early enough. So your likely both at fault.
                  Filed 10/8/09
                  341 11/2/09
                  Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Originally posted by BBW View Post
                    You both probably got yourselfs into this mess. I know my ex caused my bk problems, but I certainly did help them. Or try to stop it early enough. So your likely both at fault.
                    Unfortuately...no, it was ALL me...
                    We had perfect credit prior to this...
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

The brilliance in Washington brought us these requirements to take pre- and post-filing courses. As is so often the case the intentions of the lawmakers never meet the real world. Now we have an entire new industry created by law simply to earn money from people in financial crisis.

I don't want these same clowns deciding my health care options.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Well I finished the course and got my certificate One less thing to do now. All I have to do now is the phone conference (pre 341) with the trustee on 10/22 and then my actual 341 on 11/3. Should be fun

Anyways, I realized this BK costed allot of money I didn't have. All the costs sure add up, attorney, file fee, courses, etc. Thank goodness for my understanding father who helped me out through this process so far.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X