Am I safe to go ahead and get a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I safe to go ahead and get a car?

We had our 341 meeting on Oct 2nd and everything looks good so far. My wife has been without a car since march of this year. We have saved some money since filing and I was wondering if it was safe to go ahead and buy her a car.

I have a client whom I did some work for right after the 341 meeting and am owed about 4k from them. I was going to wait to bill them around November and cash the check once the case closed. But I was wondering if it would be safe to go ahead and bill them and use that cash and some saved for a car?

You can see the status of my case in this thread.

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=45869

I went ahead and purchased a car after my 341, with my lawyers permission.

So I would think that it isn't a problem. If you have a attorney however, you might want to shoot him a email to be sure.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Since you have a business you may want to wait...the UST is known to jump in with a last minute request for documents/account statements.
      7-2-2009 Filed
      8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
      10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whipster1 View Post
        Since you have a business you may want to wait...the UST is known to jump in with a last minute request for documents/account statements.
        Even with the this statement from the BA(UST)?

Filed & Entered: 10/11/2009 BA's Statement of No Presumption of Abuse

Comment

Originally posted by Klesko View Post
          Even with the this statement from the BA(UST)?

Filed & Entered: 10/11/2009 BA's Statement of No Presumption of Abuse
          The UST's paralegal asked questions at your 341. That means your case is on their radar. The UST has the full sixty days to dismiss your case for totality of circumstances or bad faith. Buying a large purchase while under examination could lead to a closer review of your finances as the UST tries to figure out why you suddenly have money for large purchases.

I would wait.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Since there was some UST interest, I would ride it out. You've passed the 10 days and they did file statement of no presumption. But they do have the full 60 days to file a motion to dismiss.

What's another 45 days or so in the grand scheme. IMO.
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I will wait just to be safe.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X