New update on my case, part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New update on my case, part 2

Well, I just checked pacer, and the trustee added his interim report.

He put my schedule of assets on pacer, and basically he is showing that I have no assets except for $1,000 preference on the car. He is claiming that I undervalued the car by $1,000 and that he wants the "preference" settled.

I am ecstatic about this! If that is all that it is going to take to get my discharge then you can all forget the hamster dance because I will put a video on youtube of me dancing on top of my Hyundai and celebrating.

So basically, I am a $1,000 asset case at this point.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post

He put my schedule of assets on pacer, and basically he is showing that I have no assets except for $1,000 preference on the car. He is claiming that I undervalued the car by $1,000 and that he wants the "preference" settled.

I am ecstatic about this! If that is all that it is going to take to get my discharge then you can all forget the hamster dance because I will put a video on youtube of me dancing on top of my Hyundai and celebrating.

Great news! Apparently, that is all the trustee could find to be a jerk about (not for lack of trying, no doubt!). You are almost home free! Congratulations.
    Filed: 9/9/2009
    341: 10/13, went well!
    Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

That's great! I hope it all goes smoothly for you!
      Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
      Last day for objections 1/22/2010
      Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
      Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

BTS, that is great and about your own youtube dancing on top of your Hyundai. Again I am sorry the trustee gave you a hard time about your car before. Does this mean you would have to pay him $1,000 for the preference settled of your car? Was that for your Saab?
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

BTS - That's great news! So pretty much it sounds like he is leaving your tax return alone!

Maybe he'll settle for half or something.
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by ForumReader View Post
            BTS, that is great and about your own youtube dancing on top of your Hyundai. Again I am sorry the trustee gave you a hard time about your car before. Does this mean you would have to pay him $1,000 for the preference settled of your car? Was that for your Saab?
            I am not sure how this would work, but the interim report, which is a spreadsheet like table of my assets and what the estate can expect from those assets, shows that my only asset is a $1,000 preference and that I will need to pay the trustee that preference for my case to be closed.

The report doesn't mention the saab but that is what I am assuming the preference is. The weird thing is that this didn't come up under an objection to my exemptions. I am assuming that the trustee is viewing the transfer as under market value and preferential and is going to send a letter to the dealer as well.

But I am just guessing....

Either way, my estate is showing assets of $1,000.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
              BTS - That's great news! So pretty much it sounds like he is leaving your tax return alone!

Maybe he'll settle for half or something.
              Well the tax return wasn't mentioned in the interim report at all. It shows a date of three years after filing for the trustee's final report though at the bottom of the page, so I have no idea what that means.

Comment

Well the tax return wasn't mentioned in the interim report at all. It shows a date of three years after filing for the trustee's final report though at the bottom of the page, so I have no idea what that means.
                Does anyone know if a request for my tax return still might come up?

Comment

Yippee!! I will gladly videotape the Hyundai hula!

Can you expound on this Saabotage situation? Did you trade in the vehicle and not receive FMV? If so, were you aware?
                  *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
                    Yippee!! I will gladly videotape the Hyundai hula!

Can you expound on this Saabotage situation? Did you trade in the vehicle and not receive FMV? If so, were you aware?
                    You live near me so get your camera ready for my Hyundai dance. I think I should do it like one of those cheesy music videos from the 80's where Tawny Kittaine was splayed on top of a car.

I am assuming that trustee is stating that I undervalued my car when I turned it in. Not sure why that didn't come up as an objection to exemptions though.

Comment

You live near me so get your camera ready for my Hyundai dance. I think I should do it like one of those cheesy music videos from the 80's where Tawny Kittaine was splayed on top of a car.

I am assuming that trustee is stating that I undervalued my car when I turned it in. Not sure why that didn't come up as an objection to exemptions though.
                      Yes!! Get your curling iron and Aqua Net ready for the Hot Hair and Hyundai video!

How can you undervalue your car if you trade it in at an unbiased, non-familial dealership? You owned it outright, correct? You're a wise chica and I can't imagine you taking significantly less than FMV (even if it was an annoying, quirky Saab!). Did you really walk into the dealership and jump at a below Blue Book/Black Book offer? "Oh hello mister salesman. Why, yes, I so desperately wish to receive far less than FMV. Take the Saab for thousands less. Perfect!". What am I missing here?!
                      Last edited by HakunaMatata; 10-14-2009, 03:08 PM.
                      *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
                        Yes!! Get your curling iron and Aqua Net ready for the Hot Hair and Hyundai video!

How can you undervalue your car if you trade it in at an unbiased, non-familial dealership? You owned it outright, correct? You're a wise chica and I can't imagine you taking significantly less that FMV (even if it was an annoying, quirky Saab!). Did you really walk into the dealership and jump at a below Blue Book/Black Book offer? "Oh hello mister salesman. Why, yes, I so desperately wish to receive far less than FMV. Take the Saab for thousands less. Perfect!". What am I missing here?!
                        I have no idea either. I would have thought that all of this would can come up as an objection to exemptions.

I owned the car outright, but it would be easy to say that I didn't get top dollar for it at a dealership. Anyway, I did some research on my trustee last night and out of the 60 cases he heard on the day of my 341, only me and one other case are asset cases, so my guess is that he is desperate for money.

Comment

I have no idea either. I would have thought that all of this would can come up as an objection to exemptions.

I owned the car outright, but it would be easy to say that I didn't get top dollar for it at a dealership. Anyway, I did some research on my trustee last night and out of the 60 cases he heard on the day of my 341, only me and one other case are asset cases, so my guess is that he is desperate for money.
                          How much would he seriously get out of $1K?
                          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                          Discharged: 11/30/2009
                          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
                            How much would he seriously get out of $1K?
                            $250. Trustees get 25% of all assets under $5,000 plus he gets to bill his billable rate to shuffle the paperwork.

Comment

wow

I'm really happy for you, the end is near my friend.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X