company cc reimbursement/income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

company cc reimbursement/income?

i have a company cc in my name. i'm responsible to pay it (bill comes to my address). the process is i use the card, submit an expense report and get a check back to pay the cc bill. when i file for bk and complete the schedules, can i describe somewhere why those deposits aren't income? should i consider cashing the check instead and finding another way to pay the cc bill that doesn't include routing through my bank account?

thanks.

you will have a bigger problem, which is that this company credit card probably has your social on it, which means it will most likely get cancelled, at which point you'll have to tell your boss about the whole thing.

if you have a lawyer, they would be able to find a way to explain the deposits. in any event, if they are reimbursements, then i think they are not income, and if anybody asks you then you would just explain.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Are you certain that the company card would have his SS number though? Because when I owned a business and had a few employees, my CC companies offered me corporate cards for employees for expense accounts that I could control the limits of, what kinds of spending they could do, and so forth.

Now I was never asked for SS numbers of the employees, BUT I also never did end up getting cards for my employees, so I may be mistaken and perhaps they would have had to provide them to the card companies had I accepted them.

Comment

i'll have to doublecheck but i don't think it shows up on my credit report. not sure if that has anything to do with my social or not but might help it from getting cancelled. thanks for the heads up though. hadn't thought of that possibility. i don't do financial work, etc so i doubt they'd care anyway. would just make business travel more difficult.

Comment

even if just your name shows up as the person responsible for payment, eventually they will put 2 and 2 together and close the account.

sometimes they don't close the accounts, though. in my case, 3 cc's survived the bk. but i know they could get shut down any time.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X