Discharged...pulled 1st Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged...pulled 1st Credit Report

After being discharged on the 14th, I pulled my first credit reports today, from Experian and Trans Union, and got my score from Trans Union.

First off, my score today was 656 which I realize may go down more, but thats where I am today.

In the credit report, all looked as it should with the exception of one item.

It is with American General Finance out of Indiana, which is the credit company a local HVAC installer uses for their 12 months same as cash deals.

In January I had to have a new furnace installed which was the reason for the account being opened.

They were included in the creditor mailing matrix, but we have continued to recieve statements, and the credit report does not have them IIB.

Is this something I should take up with Am Gen now, or wait until the 12 months is up?

Any ideas are appreciated.
    CH 7 filed on 6/12/09:cry:
    341 Scheduled on 8/11/09:blink:
    341 Concluded @9:20 8/11/09...Now begins the waiting game.:dry:
    Discharged on 10/14/09:clapping::yahoo:

Take action now. They were included in your BK, right? The tradeline should read "included in bankruptcy" and have a zero balance.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

American General are mean, sneaky sobs. They would not work with us when we tried to work with them. We had a loan with them and had two cars for security. Even though we already had and kept insurance on them, they imposed additional insurance on one car only, way above what we were already paying for insurance. Of course we had to pay that too.

When that car backfired and caught fire, we reported it so they could turn in a claim report on their insurance. We were then told, "NOOOOO that insurance is on the OTHER car!" And we went 'round and 'round like rabid dogs.

We were more than happy to include AG in our BK. Guess what? They tried to pull a fast one by sending filled out, but not signed reaffirmation papers directly to our trustee, who handed them to us at the 341. They bypassed our attorney, who knew we would not reaffirm, and we told the trustee we would not reaffirm.

We took the papers home and shredded them.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I agree... AG is scum of the earth! My mother had an account with them several years back & they really raked her over the coals. I really wish we would have had an account with them just so we could've included them in our BK ... It would've been sweet to give them a little of their own medicine
        Filed 8/2009
        Discharged & Closed 11/2009
        Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          We took the papers home and shredded them, and sent them back in a bag.
          Now that would have been fun!
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X