Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date of Filing Chap 7 and money in bank

Hi Everyone,

I finally filed my petition (chapter 7) pro se on 10/14/09. At the time of filing I had about 150 in my checking which correlates with what I have listed in the petition.

Now, another pay check was deposited as of today. Do I need to take it out or leave it in. Will the trustee take it even if I say I am paying my bills?

Is the amount of money in my account after filing important at all or prior to filing is the most critical?

Please help. I need to know quick.

My 341 is 11/12

The date of filing is the critical date.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

In some states, they may want to take a portion of your earned but unpaid wages - this happened to me.

As for the money in your bank account, they base that on the balance on the day you file.

Comment

If it is not a significant amount, the Trustee realizes you must eat and pay normal bills. I would not worry about this. Keep receipts as of this date and don't worry so much. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

On the day you file, the amount in your checking/savings accounts at that time, is the 'snapshot' of your financial situation. That is why many attorneys suggest you have a balance as close to zero as is possible. We were actually in the negative, so we had no problem.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by Walangatik View Post
            Hi Everyone,

I finally filed my petition (chapter 7) pro se on 10/14/09. At the time of filing I had about 150 in my checking which correlates with what I have listed in the petition.

Now, another pay check was deposited as of today. Do I need to take it out or leave it in. Will the trustee take it even if I say I am paying my bills?

Is the amount of money in my account after filing important at all or prior to filing is the most critical?

Please help. I need to know quick.

My 341 is 11/12
            We filed the 14th too! I checked the PACER site but they didn't have our 341 listed yet. I hope ours is as soon as yours too!

I've just been paying my bills as usual and buying groceries, etc.
            Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
            Last day for objections 1/22/2010
            Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
            Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

okay, thank you all so much.

Comment

I was surprised to get a 341 date so soon. I am in CA. Where are you?

Comment

All the way across the country...Maryland
                  Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                  Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

oh ok:-) The pacer says no asset at least for now. I am over the median, so hopefully i am not grilled:-)

Comment

Yeah mine says no asset too. But we're under median and our assets are WAY under what we have available in exemptions. Here in MD we have 22k available exemptions between wildcard and cash/property exemptions and we have only used like 6k of it including the tax returns for 2009.

Hopefully things will go smoothly for the both of us
                      Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                      Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Walangatik View Post
                        I was surprised to get a 341 date so soon. I am in CA. Where are you?
                        what district in CA are you in? I just filed friday- and was given my 341 at time of filing.. Didn't expect that! (eastern district)
                        Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                        341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                        Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                        Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Hi Jribe, I am in Los Angeles, CA (Central District). Are you Pro Se or have an atty?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X