Back to old bank after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to old bank after discharge

I had checking / savings accounts with BoA and also about 11k of CC and Personal Line of Credit debt. The debt is being discharged, I love the bank and would like to bank with them after my discharge. My checking account history with them is perfect, I have all discounts / privileges.

I would like to go banking with them after my discharge. Can you tell me if it's a good or a bad idea? Why? I'd appreciate all your advice / opinions!

P.S. My case might still be open for quite a while after the discharge, will it matter that it's not closed if I end up going back to the bank that I cause to suffer a loss.

Thanks!
    Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
    341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
    Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
    Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

My attorney informed me at the time of filing that I can bank anywhere even my old bank once I was discharged if I wanted to. I have switched banks due to a cc associated with my old bank, but still have the open account from my old bank. I am getting more comfortable with my new bank though so I am not going back to my old bank. Anyway, yes it is possible to bank anywhere you wish to do after you have been discharged.
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

I see, that's nice to know! I can't really stay with my new bank (it's a small CU, actually) as they have too few branches and don't provide as many free services as I get at my old bank. It's mostly a convenience issue for me. I couldn't go anywhere also as I had CCs with all major banks / CUs

If you don't mind me asking, what bank were you using before and which one are you using now? Can you share your experience?
      Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
      341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
      Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
      Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by RBisDebtFree View Post
        I see, that's nice to know! I can't really stay with my new bank (it's a small CU, actually) as they have too few branches and don't provide as many free services as I get at my old bank. It's mostly a convenience issue for me. I couldn't go anywhere also as I had CCs with all major banks / CUs

If you don't mind me asking, what bank were you using before and which one are you using now? Can you share your experience?
        Your last paragraph is better answered in a 'PM'. Not to be advertised here. However to answer your question, until you are finally closed, keep a meager account balance for a while. Wait and see. I really doubt anything would come about but be safe, not sorry. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X