341 meeting tomm :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting tomm :-)

Finally my 341 meeting tomm and i am nervous and excited at the same time. Hopefully it all goes good. Question? After the meeting should i wait for everything to be over with than apply for a credit card to build my credit? also i dont keep no money in my bank account bcause im scared creditors will take it and freeze it. Can i start keeping it after the meeting? Do they look into my account after the 341? what happens after the meeting? what do they do? many questions lol please help so i can have a piece of mind and be a little ahead. Thank you

Congrats on getting your 341 out of the way. As long as you were honest in your petition you should have nothing to worry about. You will want to wait until sometime after discharge to apply for credit. Also, from what I've gathered, after you file you shouldn't have a problem keeping money in your bank... although if you are writing them off I'd be hesitant still.

I had my 341 yesterday and it was nothing to worry about... just keep your answers short. Good Luck!
    08.28.09 - Filed Chapter 7
    10.19.09 - 341 Meeting
    12.18.09 - Anticipating Discharge!!!
    12.21.09 - Discharged!!!

Comment

Thank you and congrats to u as well. Im not to worried but hey u never know now and days lol....Yea ill wait until all is done i dont wanna risk anything. I'll post tomm after my 341 with the results.

Comment

My impression is that money that comes into your account after you've filed is generally fine, especially if it wasn't owed to you at the time you filed, it's your stuff that you had at the time of filing that was at risk of being frozen. Creditors you listed in your petition shouldn't be able to touch new money.

A good way to start building credit again would be to get some cash and use it to back a secured credit card. Either that, or find some nice friend or family member with better credit to co-sign credit you apply for.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X