I had my 341 today, too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my 341 today, too!

My guess is that there will be a lot of us right now and this place might be busy - hopefully they will positive posts like mine and 987654's (previous post)

I had about 5 or 6 people go ahead so I had a good idea of what to expect but was getting more nervous as my time drew near. I guess that it is only natural to feel nervous during any legal situation - unless you are in them often! Anyway, it was fast and simple. Mine is a no asset case so it was very basic. He asked me about 1/4 of what he asked 987654. I was surprised he did not ask for bank statements (had them just in case) or if I had taken any cash advances on cc as he had asked others. I had actually taken a $300 to help pay bills in early August and was prepared to tell him and down the road to have MBNA fight it, but as my att'y pointed out it is a very small amount.

I am sure I could have done all the paperwork myself, but for the $809 I spent was worth it! I liked my attorney, too.

So I guess getting thru the next 60 days waiting to see if anyone objects will be the final test, but with MBNA being bought out by BoA this winter, I don't imagine they will be looking at my measly little charge-off! I am reaffirming with my credit union cc. I know many would say just get rid of it all, but I am really happy I worked with them. They will not raise my interest rate just b/c of this and my payments are only $75/month. I have been with them for 20 years and am happy I will still have good credit with them; on some level it made the decision of finally doing this a bit easier.

I want to thank everyone here for - well, for just being here and giving your advice, sharing stories and calming some of us down when we got a bit freaked out!

tj

Congrats! Feels good, doesn't it?

::: doing the happy dance ::::

Comment

Happy Dancing with you!!!!

The three of us should start our own 11/14 Bankruptcy Survivors group or something, lol.
      Amy M.
      NW Washington

10/16/05 - Filed Chapter 7

11/14/05 - 341 Meeting - DONE!!!

1/6/06 - Discharged!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X