Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped lurking...

Hi all,

I've been lurking about here for about a month. Reading stories and figuring on what to expect at the 341.

...which I had this morning.

I arrived about an hour early due to overestimating how long it would take me to get there in rush hour traffic. I was scheduled at 9am (first of the day), and was the first to go up! My lawyer was on time which I was pleased with..

Overall the experience was easy. Only two bumps.... the first was my lawyer erred on some kind of form which didn't have my ex wife's address. This apparently is not a big deal and will be amended in the next few days.

The item that was a little nerve wracking was that the paralegal in the trustees office wrote I had 14xx.00 dollars in my account on the day of filing. Of course, this was not correct. I am guessing she used the beginning and ending balance of my statement dates and subracted or something crazy. It doesn't make sense at all? I had about 50 dollars in my account. The day after filing I was paid at work and thatwas deposited. He or she possibly included that?

The trustee really didn't seem to interested in me beyond questioning that and my lawyer doesn't seem bothered by it. He says to wait and see what happens but also thought the trustee shrugged it off after we explained and showed my copy of my "day of" balance I had printed out and provided for the lawyer. So I am not TOO worried...just a little.

My case is pretty basic. 20k in credit card debt and removing liability on my prior house with my ex-wife she's retained. I have no assets or anything to seize. Pay almost 700 in child support a month which allowed me to chapter 7. (I was over the amount that allowed one to auto pass the means test).

If anyone has any questions I"ll be happy to address them .

Brokeguy

WhoooHooo!! Welcome to the 60 day club!!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Look Brokeguy34, we been looking around at your lurking. It's about time you came in. That being said, please help those particularly terrified about 341. It is down to earth and very simple. For the most part it is "procedural". Welcome to our wonderful Forum. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi and welcome. I'm new too! I haven't filed yet but completed pprwork for atty. Congrats on ur 341 and hope all works out for you.

Just curious as to when u last used ur CC and last punts. Did you wait the 90 days or longer from last pymt and purchase? Did u have any questionable charges??

Again welcome and thanks for sharing. This process is soooo stressful
        Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by ace13 View Post
          Hi and welcome. I'm new too! I haven't filed yet but completed pprwork for atty. Congrats on ur 341 and hope all works out for you.

Just curious as to when u last used ur CC and last punts. Did you wait the 90 days or longer from last pymt and purchase? Did u have any questionable charges??

Again welcome and thanks for sharing. This process is soooo stressful
          Hi to all those new to the forum, welcome! Yes, it is naturally stressful as one goes through his or her BK process. The important thing is to keep a clear head, try to relax, be honest about all your debt, assets, etc and work with your attorneys, ask questions and you will be fine.
          Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
          Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Glad to see you come in out of the dark. Welcome and congrats!
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks guys! The 341 in and of itself largely to me seems to be procedural and not really a "grilling". The trustee I had seemed very unemotional about everything and was most interested in us getting things right. In fact, even with the money he thought I had in there (which I did not) he suggested it was probably before checks clearing....lol

The 341 is really nothing to be afraid of. Unless you have a complicated case or assets the trustee could care less. I would think they can not afford to waste time on those without anything, when there are people who do have assets that must make up 90 percent of their workload.

To the poster who asked, my credit cards had not been used since July or before. Again guys, do not worry about it too much. These trustees are not the gatekeeper to hell trying everything to make you a resident : P

Comment

We will have our 341 on Tuesday so I can't speak to our Trustees here in MO. But they did have an appraiser do our cars and he was fair. Both cars were appraised at a very fair value that we could probably get if we had to sell them. One car was hit in a parking lot, so there are damages, the other car was rear ended but the repair jobs really was not very good and so the damages can be detected pretty easy. Both cars are little cheap ones too. But I was so afraid that they would inflate them and that was not the cases at all here.

Comment

Hi guys, well today I received this from my attorney by email. This is a good thing yes?

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, xxxxxxxxx, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned: $ 107.78, Assets Exempt: $ 15300.00, Claims Scheduled: $ 159308.00, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ 159308.00. (xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X