Divorce Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce Attorney

My wife filed for Chpt7 very shortly before we married. Her 341 hearing is coming up next month. One of the debts she still had was $6k to her divorce attorney. She found out today that her attorney plans on fighting it.

What grounds could she possible have to fight this? What can she expect in the 341?

The divorce attorney may appear at your wife's 341. Most of the times, creditors do not show, but I am willing to bet that this one will be an exception. Your wife should be prepared to answer questions regarding the divorce and the debt.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

How did she find out he plans to challenge the discharge?
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

If she does show up at the 341 I know she can ask questions, but is there anything that she can do or say that can actually impact the outcome?

She found out about the plans to challenge because she called the office because she needed a copy of something.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X