90/70 - questionable charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace13 View Post
    Thanks backtoschool...do u think I should continue making small punts until I file. August was my last pymt to the cu. I really can't afford the pymt but maybe 10-20 a mo til filing???
    I think you should pay something on it up until filing to help your case. Even if that is seen as a preferential payment and the trustee takes that back from the CU, it helps you show intent to pay the debt. What you have going for you is that it is a furnace which is not a luxury. What is a risk, is that it is 9k, it is a CU, and it is so close to filing.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by ace13 View Post
      The cu has been calling daily along with my other creditors...imagine that! Do u think I should tell them I'm filing for chapter 7 in the near future or just ignore their calls? I feel terrible about all of this. I have never been late since I acuired credit more than 18 years ago!!! This is all new to me. To top it off my ex husband just filed for chapter 13 and I got notice due to the child support obligation

my atty seems to think we may have to include ex as a creditor as the divorce agreement required ex to pay certain marital debts. BUT those debts are in ex name solely. He had to refi them as part of divorce agreement and did. They are closed and satisfied on my credit report. Does anyone have opinion on this?? My atty still reviewing my file but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you all. Thanks
      Any thoughts on the ex's chap 13 and how that affects me? Thanks
      Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

Comment

Listen to your attorney. If he/she told you to stop paying then stop paying. We hire these professionals for their guidance. Trust your attorney. Most everyone on here is an amateur. Some more amateur than others.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Thanks. I would hate to have an AP filed but I guess it's a gamble. I guess we could negotiate IF it comes to that. I do have faith in my atty or I wouldn't have retained BUT he is in it for the money obviously.

I honestly didn't consider bk until a few months after the loan for the furnace. Like with anything else. First u have to admit there's a problem then move forward to fix it

Thanks for the advice. Sure hope ex's case doesn't affect me!
          Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X