Was this bad of us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this bad of us

Made our final payment to lawyer so we can get the petiton made out so we can sign it and file Ch 7 with the courts.So in other words still waiting on petition to be done
    How important is it that we should have included any collections agents? We did list all orginal creditors
    does that mean we won't be able to discharge debt if its been sent to CA
    or will the lawyer find out that info and include it on the petiton for us or is that sometime we need to do for them?

Has anyone done ch 7 while unemployed and have trustee say you can keep your home or car, we are bearly making it on unemployment and wife's part-time job with 4 kids but making it work though bearly.

thanks for any insight

To your first question, original creditors being notified is important. The collection agencys (if any) that are appearing on your credit report will be notified as well, as per the creditor matrix. Notifying the original creditor AND the collection agency that owns the debt now is duplicating, and not necessary. You'll be okay since the attorney pulls your credit report and includes those creditors appearing.

Curious as to why you would want to keep your home unemployed? How are you able to make payments going forward with 4 kids and a part-time income. Don't let emotional attachment hinder your goals towards a better financial future. Dont take that the wrong way please.
    Filed Ch 7 9/28/09
    341 Meeting 10/22/09 (Went well)
    Discharged 12/22/2009!

Comment

trying to keep our home due to bank lower our house payment by half for four months while trying for loan mod
      renting a home for a family of 6 with a dog and two cats would be more in rent then home payment why should we displace our pets
      if our house payment stayed at half we would be fine untill I found a job back at reg pay
      that 's why i asked if trustee would say no to keeping house while I was unemployed

Comment

As to the Creditor matrix, listing your original creditors as well as what is currently on your credit report should have you well covered. These debts are sold and re-sold all the time, and you cannot be expected to keep up with all the turn-overs.

Just watch out, after you are discharged, for one or more of these old and even older debts to suddenly surface and attempt to bully you into paying. That is called 'zombie debt', and the CAs are becoming more obnoxious as time goes by.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

If your payments are current on your home and you reaffirmed, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to keep it.

I kept my house and reafirmed and my mortgage is 454.00 per month. No way would I be able to rent anything but a studio apt in my area for that price. I have 3 dogs and a cat.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X