Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch7 & New Job (with Sign-on/Relo)

here's the deal.

I filed no asset ch7 early Oct, then week ago, I got a offer for a new job in a different state (8 hrs away), which I start 3rd week of November.

I have my 341 meeting in second week of November, and my last day at current job will be 4 days after the 341 meeting.

Is there a chance that the relo package ($20K) and sign-on bonus ($7.5K) will be an issue if they ask about any near term changes in circumstances? My family will be staying put for the first 3 months of my new job and I will be commuting every 2 weeks to come home.

Also, my current ride (a 1994 beater) has a willing buyer offering $1200, which I plan to sell right after my 341 meeting.

Any one see an issue to prepare for with this scenario? Thanks in advance.
    2009-Jan: Retained Atty
    2009-Oct: Filed Ch7
    2009-Nov: 341 held
    2010-Jan: Discharged on Pacer

You shouldn't have any problems with your good fortune. At the time of your 341 meeting your situation will not have changed anyway. You will still be employed in the same role at the same company you were dealing with when you filed.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Congrats on the new job!!! What a way to 'start over' as everyone says on here

I believe that even if they ask about 'anticipating increase in income' unless you have a signed contract, it's not 100% sure thing...we were worried about that question and it did not come up. I wouldn't lie about anything on the tiny chance they do ask about new job/increase in income, etc. I was prepared to say "I sure hope so" if I got that question.

Comment

Your moving fee actually is for expected expenses. In other words, it is a perdiem for expenses not yet incurred, but expected. Consider it that way. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by debbie42 View Post
          Congrats on the new job!!! What a way to 'start over' as everyone says on here

I believe that even if they ask about 'anticipating increase in income' unless you have a signed contract...
          Thanks you, it feels good to start over....

about that contract thingy...I already signed the acceptance letter and faxed it, but the relo comes attached with a 2 yr employment contract

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Your moving fee actually is for expected expenses. In other words, it is a perdiem for expenses not yet incurred, but expected. Consider it that way. 'Hub
          The offer letter states that it's "lump sum payable within the first 30 days of starting", so no per diem here...

While I'm taking a $5k cut in base pay, the job moves me to where I'm above the means test by $10K, and cost of living is 30% cheaper than where I currently live, so technically, I am getting a "raise" (when not accounting for relo/bonus)....LOL!
          2009-Jan: Retained Atty
          2009-Oct: Filed Ch7
          2009-Nov: 341 held
          2010-Jan: Discharged on Pacer

Comment

funny! it's good that you're not moving just yet!
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I would check with your attorney (if you're using one). All I can say is, lying about it would be a bad idea IF it comes up, we really answered with "yes" or "no" unless they asked for details and then we were super brief. Trustee asked why hubby was driving to an architecture firm 1 1/2 hours away 3 days a week -just said it's the only job he could find in this economy which was ture then but thankfully is not true any longer . Still the question of anticipating income increase did not come up.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X