CC included in BK not showing on any credit reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC included in BK not showing on any credit reports

Spouse and I filed in April and case was discharged and closed in August.

Checked credit reports for both of us at all 3 major bureaus.

Our joint AT&T/Citi card is not only not showing as included in BK, but it is not showing as a account on any of the reports at all. I know for a fact that it was included and discharged in the BK. It is as though we did not have it at all. Vey strange.

Why would this happen?

Definitely an error.
    But if the account does not show at all, don't worry about it.
    I would recheck your creditors to make sure they were included just to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
      Definitely an error.
      But if the account does not show at all, don't worry about it.
      I would recheck your creditors to make sure they were included just to make sure.
      I have the creditors matrix that was used in the filing and they are listed. I have not received any calls from them at all since the filing date.

If they had not been included it would show all the lates and even maybe a charge off by now right?. My address and number are the same and I have not received any calls or notices.

Comment

You have all the ammo you need to prove it's discharged so sit back and just relax.
        If it shows up bad later you have what you need to get it corrected very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
          You have all the ammo you need to prove it's discharged so sit back and just relax.
          If it shows up bad later you have what you need to get it corrected very fast.
          Thank you..

I'm kinda hoping it never shows up.. LOL

Our Credit scores are so bad they will probably go to zero if that one ever gets corrected.

Comment

Many creditors simply take their account off the report once they are discharged because they know they won't have any further "advantages" against you by reporting it. If they report wrong, THEY might be the one paying YOU, so they simply take it off.

Happens quite often!
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
              Many creditors simply take their account off the report once they are discharged because they know they won't have any further "advantages" against you by reporting it. If they report wrong, THEY might be the one paying YOU, so they simply take it off.

Happens quite often!
              I had know idea some do this. Thanx

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X