341 question - prior bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 question - prior bankruptcy

Quick question - I see on the list of standard questions that they ask you at the 341 one of them is - Have you filed for bankruptcy before?

If you have, so you answer yes, does this prompt them to ask you additional questions? I haven't seen anyone reporting that they have said yes, and if so what the Trustee asked next.

At our 341 meeting 9/10/09 when we were asked,we answered yes, the trustee asked when was it,we told him discharged 1991.He said o.k. and moved on. No questions were asked about it. I'm sure they're just making sure you haven't filed ch7 in the last 8 yrs.
    Filed Ch7 BK 7/27/09
    341 Hearing 9/10/09 All Went Smoothly
    Last Day For Objections 11/09/09
    Discharged and Closed 11/12/09

Comment

Same thing. We heard others say "Yes" during their 341, and the Trustee asked "when" and moved on.

Comment

I am in CA and have not filed yet. I am a hyper planner so I have been going to 341 meetings to just get a good feel for the process. Having now seen about 150 of them I can tell you that FreshStart is correct. They ask have you ever filed before? 7 or 13? When was it? Did you receive a discharge? that's it same with every single one.

BTW these are public meetings anyone can attend. If you are the nervous type just go a few weeks before your own, and sit through a few hours of other peoples 341's. You may be much more relaxed having been acclimated to the process when you have nothing at stake.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X