341 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow

quick, stupid question... one of the things we are supposed to bring tomorrow is a... "List of debtors personal property with each items estimated market value, if same does not appear in the schedules filed in this matter."

In my original documents, it just basically asked for the value of my possesions, not a breakdown. Do i need to write up an actual itemized list of things in my home?

My meeting isn't till 3, so i've got plenty of time to do it, just not sure if I have to or not
    Last edited by tracy1878; 11-15-2005, 07:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

It's better to be over prepared with documents than unprepared. If you have the time, make the list but don't volunteer it. Hand it over only if requested.

Good luck!

Comment

Read the instructions re: listing personal property. I'm pretty sure mine said that items over $50 or $75 (some such number) had to be listed individually. I went overboard and walled through the house and listed the garage sale value of everything.
      It was really funny at some points. I have a Queen Anne style Arm chair in the living Room. I bought it 15 years ago from the "seconds" dept of a furniture right after my divorce. I think I paid $69 for it. What is it's current garage sale value? On some good days I might get $5 or $7.50 for it, but because I know it's history, I would prob. just set it out for the trashman.
      My first coouple walk throughs, I was way too high because I kept thinking of what it cost me or what I would have to do to replace it.
      I think what they are looking for are things like "You have a $12,000 dining room set, an $8000 BR set, $5000 Plasma screen TV and you're saying that everything in your house at $275.
      This is a true story my atty. told me. A woman living in a $300,000 house listed all of her household goods at $275. The trustee made her go back and list everything and strongly suggested that if she lived in that nice a home, that perhaps her belongings were worth more than that.
      If you have an atty. make sure that you give them the list and let them handle it, otherwise just have it ready just in case.
      Don't be overly generous. A $600 sofa prob. won't bring more than 25-35 in a garage sale and whan was the last time you say a mattress and box springs go for hardly anything at a garage sale. Same with used kitchen utensils. Realistic garage sale value (They use the same criteria as the IRS...if you had to sell it within a week and had no knowledge of EBay, etc. what could you get? The answer is often that it is pennies (not even nickles or dimes) on the dollar of original cost. Good luck, Art

Comment

ok, 341 is over, and I'm breathing a very big sigh of relief. All in all, the trustee was a good guy, not at all power trippy or anything. He even cracked a few jokes now and then. I didn't need an inventory of my house, he never asked for it, my tax forms, our pay stubs, or anything else. The only thing he wanted to look at was the car titles and a copy of the order allowing us to pay our filing fee in installments.

Something interesting did happen. As you may recall, I had a thread last week about an illegal reposession that happened. I reminded the trustee who I was and he was surprised that the car was returned that quickly to me. At the end of our consultation, his exact words were "you can keep both your cars"

does this mean I can keep this car that was repo'd? I don't want to call him and sound like an idiot, but this is exactly what it sounded like to me. Will pacer say anything about it?

Comment

Glad it went well, hope you find out about the car.

Comment

Originally posted by tracy1878
            ...his exact words were "you can keep both your cars"

does this mean I can keep this car that was repo'd? I don't want to call him and sound like an idiot, but this is exactly what it sounded like to me. Will pacer say anything about it?
            Sounds like you can keep it, if you stay current on the payments, or if you can redeem it...
            I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
            10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
            10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
            10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
            11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
            01/16/06: Last day to file objections
            01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

no, i was planning on giving it back to the car lot but am wondering if i can keep it due to their illegal actions. i know, if i had been smart and piped up right then i wouldn't be wondering now...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X