top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone dealt with Safeguard Properties, LLC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dealt with Safeguard Properties, LLC?

October 10th, I received a postcard from Safeguard Properties, LLC. States:
    "Dear Property Resident,
    Safeguard Properties, LLC is conducting a monthly audit on behalf of Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corp. in order to verify the occupancy of your property.

Please contact our Special Operator at 888-535-3625 to confirm only that you are presently residing at this property."

So, I called and verified and that was it. I am moving very soon and wanted to know your thoughts on who I should call when I move. This Safeguard company or Chase? Both? Or if I am here when the next "audit" card comes, do I tell them I am moving shortly? I just hope they aren't going to try to charge me anything for leaving the house unoccupied and everything shut off. We are going to drain the toilet, etc in case it freezes in here as I do live in Ohio and occasionally it gets down to the teens.

Also, has anyone ever used or known anyone that used a Vacant Homeowner's Insurance company? If so, what was their experience? (I am moving 600 miles away and won't be able to look after the property myself is why I am asking)

Opinions, suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. I've had alot of computer issues lately and haven't been on here much. Hard drive crashed.
    Filed Ch 7 July 23, 2009
    341 over September 21, 2009
    Discharged November 23, 2009 (received papers November 27, 2009)

Let Chase know when you abandon the property. They'll send someone there to change the locks and winterize the property.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Ok OhioFiler, thanks! So, they will actually do all the winterizing then? That would be good! Do you know which number I should call, there are sooooo many? Not sure which line would handle this situation.

Anything else? I am going to take photos of each room so I have proof of how I left the house. Maybe worrying about this too much, but my neighborhood isn't the safest anymore. This is the first year I haven't felt safe here after 4 years. Alot of rape and crimes going on. Heck, I don't even leave the house unless I absolutely have to and NEVER at night.

Thank you for your help!
      Filed Ch 7 July 23, 2009
      341 over September 21, 2009
      Discharged November 23, 2009 (received papers November 27, 2009)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X