top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 tomorrow, how am I going to sleep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow, how am I going to sleep...

Well tomorrow morning is my 341. If it says it's at 9am does that mean that's when they start all 341's for the day or that is approx when my 341 will be?

If a creditor or trustee asks a question that I don't want to answer or I don't have a good enough answer for. What can I say. I don't recall? I'll have to look into that? Can I get back to you?

If no creditors show up does that mean they most likely aren't going to file an AP?

I'm mainly worried about the $10k cash out I took on my car loan 2 years ago, inflating income on credit applications, and my expenses.

I need a xanax...
    Filed 10/8/09
    341 11/2/09
    Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
    Discharged 1/5/10

Of course and I would not lie to you. You probably will not sleep well. You will sleep better after the meeting. You will find it goes better than you thought. Most creditors do no attend.

At this time, (not knowing your sex, does it matter?) I would suggest, a very hot, candle lit bubble type bath, early bed time, with a bit of red wine, and a small prayer. It may not help but surely it would not hurt.

Answer any questions honestly. There will be few. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks,
      I think I am going to do all of that, but I'm a guy so I'll skip the candle lit bubble bath. But make up for it with extra red wine.
      Filed 10/8/09
      341 11/2/09
      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Get there 30 min or so early and watch a few cases. The TT is not there to cause you harm - only to look for some assets that can be seized. HE/She is not your enemy so be calm, relaxed and when asked a question, just answer yes or no but don't try and be evasive by saying "can I get back to you?" It really is not a big deal and hardly any creditor shows up. Wishing you the best tomorrow.
        Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

Originally posted by aljohnson007 View Post
          Get there 30 min or so early and watch a few cases. The TT is not there to cause you harm - only to look for some assets that can be seized. HE/She is not your enemy so be calm, relaxed and when asked a question, just answer yes or no but don't try and be evasive by saying "can I get back to you?" It really is not a big deal and hardly any creditor shows up. Wishing you the best tomorrow.
          Thanks. I'm not so much worried about the trustee as I am worried about a creditors attorney. The trustee isn't going to find any assets because I don't have any. AJust a little concerned he'll question some expenses. My a creditors attorney would be there to case me financial harm.
          Filed 10/8/09
          341 11/2/09
          Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Im in the same boat, my 341 is tomorrow at 1pm so I just wanted to say good luck and let us know how it went!
            Filed Chapter 7 September 25, 2009
            341 November 2, 2009
            Final Day for Objections 1-1-10 (Happy New Year!)
            Discharged 1-4-10

Comment

Good luck to you too...
              Filed 10/8/09
              341 11/2/09
              Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Good luck to all. Plan to leave at least an hour ahead of time so you don't have to worry about traffic, parking, etc.

For the 9:00 AM person: don't forget we had the lovely time change. It throws me and my system AND clocks out of sync with each other for at least a week, so be careful on the wine or xanax....
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good luck!
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'm sure it will be fine.
                    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

We'll I had my 341 yesterday. I think the only way it could have gone better is if I wasn't required to attend. I waited 10 minutes while my attorney and the trustee BS'd. Then I sat down answered a yes no questions and was done. My meeting of creditors was closed and he returned my tax return. I'm not sure what that means but my attorney said it's good. Overall I was in and out of court within an hour. There were no creditors there for anyone.
                      Filed 10/8/09
                      341 11/2/09
                      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Congrats to you!
                        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Thanks. Does anyone know what this meeting closed and returning of tax return means?
                          Filed 10/8/09
                          341 11/2/09
                          Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Yeah!! Welcome to the 60 day club!!!
                            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

thanks